“Really nice food, service adequate, interior dark.”
Review of Nobilis - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nobilis
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nobilis is a popular neighbourhood restaurant that serves everyday gourmet food, including burgers, seafood and meat dishes. Conveniently located on the Bogstadveien shopping street, the restaurant seats about 45 people and serves 3-6 course meals. In the summertime you can also enjoy your meal outdoors, surrounded by relaxing music and Oslo's never-ending summer nights. Early in the evening Nobilis is romantic, quiet and cosy, yet also good for business dinners. Later in the evening, the popular bar fills up and provides a touch of party dining. Around midnight on weekends a DJ turns the place into a happening nightclub. In May 2008, Nobilis was voted into the top 100 at worldsbestbars.com.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were two people going for the set 4 course menu. The sparkling we were served as an aperitif was absolutely dead and to sweet. It was placed on the table without a word of welcoming the guest or any other information. We asked for wine to follow each course. The impression throughout the whole meal was waiters wanting to do good but lacking the expertise. I being rather moody due to the service we received the starter, and what a pleasant surprise. It is the best trout I have ever eaten. Got a nice riesling as well. The duck for main was also very nice. The cheese OK, and the dessert splendid.I ended up really enjoying the meal, despite a service that lacked all what is expected of a great dining experience. But the waiters were really sweet when present.
Pricewise very good, for Oslo. I do recommend the place, but it it the kitchen that earns them four stars.

There are newer reviews for Nobilis

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went for the special menu and I found it a good choice. All the dishes were full of different but well combined flavours. Wines in wine menu are grouped with intensity what makes choosing wine easier.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We are a group of friends who regulary go out for dinner together and found a great review of Nobilis in the paper and decided to try it out. We decided to go for the three course menu. The food was great, BUT we had to wait for ages. We arrived at 19:30 but didn't get the main course until 21:30! The waiter ignored us completley and we had to wait for a single glass of wine of 20 minutes, when we kindly asked for it we got no apologizes and had to wait for another 10 minutes... The waiter was rude to us and no suprise (!) we had to wait for additional 20 minutes to pay when we finally had finished the meal.
We will never go there again if they don't do anything about that terrible service! To be honest I don't know if I have ever been to a place with such rude and none-serviceminded staff!

2  Thank Margrete818
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The restaurant had an excellent review from Osloby. We booked a table for five persons, and we all showed up on time and got our table. Two hours later the main course was brought to our table. As one of the party ordered a new glass of wine, it took some 20 minutes before returning to our table, without the wine.
Getting the bill was as long a painful waiting.
However, on the bright side, the restaurant had a cosy atmosphere, The food was delicious. The wine list was in my taste. Hence - the low rate is all based on bad service level, and as a restaurant tester for friends and work, I will never bring my party to Nobilis.

2  Thank IngridReiseglad
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've lived in Oslo for 9 months and have eaten at Nobilis twice (December & August). Both times the food, presentation, service and atmosphere were excellent!

We had the 3 course set menu for 395 kr both times and every course was delicious! In December we had reindeer shank for main course, a very tasty surprise, and in August we could choose between the beef or halibut for main course (this was great as my friend is a vegetarian). The chanterelle mushroom starter was the best starter I've ever had, and I don't even like mushrooms!!!

The waiters were excellent and suggested different wine to go with our food (however, as we still find Oslo expensive we opted for one of the cheapest wines... but it was nice to be asked!). It was a little hard to get the attention of the staff, but it was a Saturday night so it was understandable.

Our table was inside the first time, but outside the next. We were a bit worried as it was a chilly summer evening, but the outside heaters were excellent and it was very cosy.

On Monday-Wednesday the 3 courses only cost 295 kr so we'll definitely go back! This restaurant and Curry & Ketchup are my favourites in Oslo so far =)

1  Thank hils_w