“Great expectations, low experience”
Review of Nobilis - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nobilis
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nobilis is a popular neighbourhood restaurant that serves everyday gourmet food, including burgers, seafood and meat dishes. Conveniently located on the Bogstadveien shopping street, the restaurant seats about 45 people and serves 3-6 course meals. In the summertime you can also enjoy your meal outdoors, surrounded by relaxing music and Oslo's never-ending summer nights. Early in the evening Nobilis is romantic, quiet and cosy, yet also good for business dinners. Later in the evening, the popular bar fills up and provides a touch of party dining. Around midnight on weekends a DJ turns the place into a happening nightclub. In May 2008, Nobilis was voted into the top 100 at worldsbestbars.com.
Haugesund, Norway
“Great expectations, low experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The restaurant had an excellent review from Osloby. We booked a table for five persons, and we all showed up on time and got our table. Two hours later the main course was brought to our table. As one of the party ordered a new glass of wine, it took some 20 minutes before returning to our table, without the wine.
Getting the bill was as long a painful waiting.
However, on the bright side, the restaurant had a cosy atmosphere, The food was delicious. The wine list was in my taste. Hence - the low rate is all based on bad service level, and as a restaurant tester for friends and work, I will never bring my party to Nobilis.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank IngridReiseglad

Oslo, Norway
“Excellent food and service at a reasonable price”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've lived in Oslo for 9 months and have eaten at Nobilis twice (December & August). Both times the food, presentation, service and atmosphere were excellent!

We had the 3 course set menu for 395 kr both times and every course was delicious! In December we had reindeer shank for main course, a very tasty surprise, and in August we could choose between the beef or halibut for main course (this was great as my friend is a vegetarian). The chanterelle mushroom starter was the best starter I've ever had, and I don't even like mushrooms!!!

The waiters were excellent and suggested different wine to go with our food (however, as we still find Oslo expensive we opted for one of the cheapest wines... but it was nice to be asked!). It was a little hard to get the attention of the staff, but it was a Saturday night so it was understandable.

Our table was inside the first time, but outside the next. We were a bit worried as it was a chilly summer evening, but the outside heaters were excellent and it was very cosy.

On Monday-Wednesday the 3 courses only cost 295 kr so we'll definitely go back! This restaurant and Curry & Ketchup are my favourites in Oslo so far =)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank hils_w
Koege, Denmark
“Just a unfortunate day?”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Was strawling around to find a place to eat. Found Nobilis, and looked popular from out side. Two-three parties having drinks. Decided to go in. Wanted to oRder a glas of wine. After some waiting time, I went inside. Located the waiter, and ordered a glass of whitewine. Without any further asking e.g. what type I wanted, I got a glas of warm sweet wine, most likely from a bottle, which have been standing outside for hours.... I felt I was just not welcome.. Paid, when outside sitting to en joy the wine, but left after 10 minutes, as I decided not to eat here. I was not a party, and I was in the way for the waiter... I must have been unfortunate!?

• Visited May 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Out-of-the-box quality!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My brother and I went to Nobilis on a rainy thursday evening in the beginning of September. We were very early (17.45) and so we could get a table without reservation. For later that evening (after 19.30) the restaurant was already fully booked.

The interior of Nobilis is very trendy but warm. It also has a big (heated and covered) terrace. They have an open kitchen so you can see the chefs working.
The staff is informal and friendly but correct.

The menu is limited and changes often. The quality and the combination of flavours in every dish was exquisite! We needed three courses to feel full, but it was worth it!
For two persons, theree courses and some soft drinks we paid 900,- NOK (incl tip).

I will certainly go back to Nobilis!

• Visited September 2011
Singapore
“Super service and food”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I went to Olivia restaurant and stood in a q - eventually I was shown to a table - very nice but then NOTHING for over half hour - no water, eye contact or a menu so I got up and left. I went to Nobilis just nearby and it was FANTASTIC...fine service - the staff chatted to me because I was on my own, the food was amazing and hot to boot... ended up having a great evening there and would never go back to snobby Olivia again. Nobilis is great.

• Visited August 2011