“...small Spain in Oslo?”
Review of Salsa De Paris - CLOSED

Salsa De Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Menu based on Spanish and french traditions. Tapas and main courses. Wide selection of tastes - someting for every palate.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

There are not so many good places in Norway where you can find a real Spanish tasted Food. But couple weeks ago I found one in Oslo. I'm fancy of hot tapas and middle ages style, and Salsa reastaurant seems Perfect to me. More over the waiters were Spanish as well. Listenig latino Music, eating flavour food I was enjoing time that I spent there. And I almost forgot that there was cold windy weather outside...So, just wanna thank staff for making the atmosphere unforgettable :)

4  Thank ElizabethK952

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We arrived 20 minutes after they opened 4.20 pm. The restaurant was totally empty, no guests. But they were not able to give 2 people a table. Everything was reservedeler, they said. We promised to finish before 6 pm, knowing that most people eat later than this. But it didn't help. We had to leave without eating!

2  Thank Rune S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently dined at this tapas restaurant and recommend it to other travellers. Dining in Oslo can be very expensive, but Salsa offers (for Oslo) reasonably good value. The portions are generous and the service was prompt, friendly and efficient. All of the tapas selections we ordered were tasty. We liked the restaurant a lot.

1  Thank skirooster
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The starter is bread with aioli and tasted heavenly.

The main course was a bit disappointing, we opted for the dish that made it possible for everyone to get their food at the same time.
There was not much food for everyone, leaving room for dessert, but we ended up leavin quite stuffed.

Salsa grande 7
The meatballs were OK, a bit on the dryside and not seasoned. Two for each.

The greek salad was good. Good portion for each, and lots of feta cheese which I love. Tomatoes too mashed.

The scampi was said to be good/excellent, but I don't eat seafood so can't comment. Six for each.

Chicken spid was OK, a bit small, and very mild. One for each.

Selection of hams/cheese - Good. One strip for each.

Potatoes in aioli - Most disappointing dish. Cold potatoes in aioli just did not taste good together. The mayo flavour was too apparent, and I don't know if it was fresh either.

Mushrooms in bacon - I liked the bacon and the mushrooms were average. Not the biggest fan of mushrooms in general.

The dessert was creme brulée which was good.

It's a good deal for a large group to get together as you can easily sit at a large table and get in on the conversation with everyone. The waiters are professional, polite and nice. The food was OK, but I've had a lot of better tapas elsewhere (just not in Oslo as of yet), and there should have been more food. The atmosphere is the best part, it's very well decorated inside the cellar.

1  Thank LouiseHenkel
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The tapas was OK, but there are several other places in Oslo that serves better tapas. The location was a basement cellar with an arched brick ceiling, and yet the athmosphere felt impersonal and oddly sterile. All in all a very bland experience

1  Thank siriramsay