“Twice thwarted”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Walked into Peking Szechuan at 7.15pm tonight to find the place booked out with Chinese bus tour participants. Waitress said to come back after 8pm. We wandered around the city and returned about an hour later. This time the restaurant was empty. The same waitress then advised that the kitchen was preparing for a big event and that we couldn't be seated or served. Left disappointed for a second time, but found a much healthier and better value alternative in Happy Sushi nearby (see separate review).

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very close to where I live. The food was very good. But the decor and service need to be improved. the table sheets were wet and restaurant was very dark.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is nothing more or less than an average Chinese restaurant in Oslo. The food is good but not outstanding, the service is fin but a bit slow, the location is quite central but in ugly surroundings and the interior is nice but worn. Fine for a cheap alternative, but nothing to travel miles for.

Reviewed January 18, 2011

I would like to say the food from this restaurant are very close to what Chinese food should be in my mind. I love the comfort atmosphere and kind service. It is not a fancy place, but it is a little bit like being at home which you can have a warm talk with friends and a best memory during your stay.

Reviewed February 1, 2009

I have to totally disagree with the previous reviewer. I had dinner with friends at this restaurant last night and thought that the food was just fine. It is not the best Chinese food that I have ever eaten and I have been to some amazing places in Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore and various place in North America, but the food was QUITE good and the service was friendly and attentive.

We ordered 4 different dishes - scampi, crispy duck, General Tao's chicken and a lamb dish. All were tasty, well prepared and attractively served. There was nothing wrong with the rice, as the previous reviewer had indicated.

We we happy with our choices and I would recommend this restaurant.