All reviews royal palace a quiet residential area boutique hotel lovely boutique frogner park nice hotel tram stop great breakfast city centre breakfast room is shopping street minute walk two blocks breakfast selection nespresso machine walking distance smoked salmon
Reviewed October 22, 2014

Five nights here on a business trip. In a good area, near the Palace and Diplomatic district but not that close to central Oslo - and here taxis are very expensive. There are good public transport links, once you find them, the number 19 tram being the best ride into town.

The hotel is modern and chic in style, rooms are on the small side and only a tiny shower room which would challenge the large. However, very clean and tastefully done. There is a Nespresso coffee maker but no water provided on a daily basis - it is £3.50 for a small bottle from the minibar. Bed was comfortable and linen changed after three days, towels daily. Could have done with a little more lighting at times. Laundry costs very high at £10 for a shirt.

Breakfast downstairs was excellent with lots of choice, quality and very well prepared cooked food - a chef who can make good scrambled egg is OK in my book. Reception staff were helpful and welcoming and particular mention goes to Knut who was on duty on Sunday evening and was so helpful and charming, going out of his way to provide advice.

Would certainly stay again if in Oslo and I think for a hotel of this class it represents good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DM51
SagaHotelOslo, Operations Manager at Saga Hotel Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to evaluate our performance during your last stay in our Saga Hotel Oslo.
It is a great pleasure to see that you appreciated both our establishment and service exactly the way we strive to be experienced.
I am also thrilled to see that you were so satisfied with Knut ( the receptionist), I do assure you that I will show him your kind and generous feedback personally. Knut is a young and fresh member of both our hotel and the hotel business in general, I am sure that your kind words will mean a whole lot to him. Thank you!

When it comes to your feedback regarding the lack of water for the Nespresso machine, I am sorry to see that you didn’t ask our staff about this. It is not meant that you`ll need to buy expensive water from the minibar to use the machine. Everywhere in our country the tab water is safe to drink, and this is the water we use for our coffee makers. I hope you were able to enjoy a complimentary coffee in the lounge and breakfast room though.

I wish you warm welcome back to our hotel the next time you travel to our fantastic city.

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards

Ronny Wilhelm
Operations Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2014

This small boutique hotel is situated on a quite corner in the center of Oslo. We chose it mainly for the location (5 minute walk to the Royal Palace and 10 minute walk to the Frogner Park), and a free parking (rarity in Europe). However, we were pleasantly surprised by the modern and chic interior, plentiful breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms, attentive and extremely helpful staff. Moreover, the decision was based largely on the reviews from the TripAdvisor, and all of them were positive. Overall, if we ever travel to Oslo again, we will not even spend time looking for other hotels. We will book Saga Hotel Oslo.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LlAaRrIiSsAa
Reviewed October 19, 2014

My overview pretty much says it all. Very friendly hotel staff, room was a decent size with very comfy beds, nice bathroom. The breakfast was really tasty, with plenty of options and a very pleasant dining room. Location was quiet but within walking distance to several interesting things, but also close to the #19 tram. Absolutely no complaints, and would stay again if we make it back to Oslo.

Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank Sue N
Reviewed October 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Saga for 2 nights (October 7-9). Very spacious room. Staff were friendly and gave great advice on places to visit in the city. Breakfast was included and there was a great variety. Had dinner at the restaurant one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you Saga for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2014

Stayed 2 nights on my own to visit family. Single room was small,but still adequate. Good breakfast. Nice location. Not in the real touristy area, but Oslo is small & you can walk everywhere to take the tram. Staff very helpful when the airline lost my luggage

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo