“A taste of Mexico in Oslo.”
Review of Mucho Mas

Mucho Mas
Ranked #141 of 1,446 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Home-made mexican food. Nachos, quesadillas, burritos, tostadas, tacos, tortilla soup, chile con carne and so much more. All dishes available as take-away. Wide selection of drinks and cocktails.
Oslo, Norway
“A taste of Mexico in Oslo.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Mucho Mas lies in a very hip and trendy area in Oslo called Grünnerløkka (or Løkka as the locals would call it)

The restaurant lies dead smack in the middle of the food street, and is hard to miss really. Just get off at Olav Ryes plass when taking the tram, and you would see it as you get off.

The restaurant itself is small, has tables for maybe 20 people max, and doesn't take reservations, so on the weekends come early!

I cannot comment too much about the interior of the restaurant, for I found the interior to be just sub-par, but it definitely attracts a hip, vibrant crowd to it.

I have never been to Mexico before and the closest I have been to a real authentic Mexican food is at Chipotle, and the closest I've been to cooking Mexican food is from the Santa Maria line of mix spices, so my views might be biased if you're a native.

In any case, I found the food here to be really yummy! My lamb pieces were medium rare, extremely soft and tender, and the spices were all just right. The corn tacos, were nothing like I've tasted before, and was super yummy! The condiments that came with it like the pickled onions, pinto beans and guacamole tasted really authentic, and definitely pairs really well with the dish itself. So much yum!

However, in lieu of being the frugal student that I am, I must make mention that the one huge minus for me is that the portion size at this restaurant is tiny! After having one of the main courses for 185 NOK, and devouring it I was still left feeling hungry,

As the price at this place isn't your cheap, I couldn't justify paying another 165-195 NOK for another main either.

So, that was a little disappointing to say the least.

With that said, I will probably come back.
The food was good, the service was all right, and overall I had very little to complain about.

Definitely recommend this place if your looking for a nice dinner out with friends.

• Visited December 2013

Burfjord, Troms, Norway
“Good Mexican homemade food served fast and plentiful”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Modest but nice and clean facilities. Affordable prices. Staff was helpful and fast working. The menu is rather short, but each component is of top quality (home made in their own kitchen), and together they offer a good selection of mexican foods. They let you combine elements from different dishes if you like. They pour some special bottled drinks made from local crops. We tried the rhubarb and the raspberries, they were excellent! Good selection of alcoholic beverages. We were two persons, we ordered one soup, two different main dishes and two different puddings. Everything was good and plentiful. The over-all favourite was the dessert passion fruit bunuelos, with its mascarpone cream and a very tasty passionfruit jelly. .

• Visited September 2013
Linkoping, Sweden
“Good food, open late”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'd arrived late in Oslo and many other restaurants in Grünerløkka had already closed their kitchens. At Mucho Mas I could still get an excellent burrito and wash it down with a decent beer.

Visited June 2013
Oslo
“Mexican in Oslo”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This restaurant can give you a good variety of mexican food. I like that you can choose what kind of meat and extras you want for your dish. Though i don't really love the looks of the restaurants, they could've made it more fun and by that give it a better atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Nice mexican food (a bit better than average)”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm not an expert on mexican food, but what we ordered tasted good (quesadillas and chilli con carne). The prices were reasonable and the service was fast.

The place is small, the interior does not impress.

• Visited February 2013