“Fair fast food”

Egon Byporten
Ranked #282 of 1,427 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Norwegian, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Trondheim, Norway
“Fair fast food”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Due to a concert we needed a fast meal. Seating was fairly quick and my rib-eye was decent. The bernaise sauce was actually very good.

• Visited December 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Gabriel, California
“By Way of Information”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I wanted to eat at this restaurant while I stayed over night in Oslo because of its close proximity to my hotel. I entered the restaurant and asked if it was open because I did not see many people. I was told it was and told I could take a seat at any table. Once I was seated, I noticed two ladies eating pizza and also two other tables where people were seated but not eating. A young lady brought a menu to my table and left. I perused the menu and decided what I wanted to eat and I waited for the waitress to return. After approximately 15 minutes no one had returned to my table to take my order. I noticed one of the other couples who were already seated when I came into the restaurant were also looking around wondering when someone was going to come to take their order. After waiting 20 minutes, I left the restaurant by a side entrance and decided to eat elsewhere. I noticed Egon in several other cities I visited during my stay in Norway and mentioned my experience in Oslo. I was informed that when dining in Egon's you peruse the menu and once you have decided on your order, you have to go to a counter where you then place your order and when it is ready it is brought to your table. This was not explained to me when I entered the restaurant and I did not see anything on the menu to indicate this procedure. The restaurant had a lovely decor as did all other other locations I saw. I cannot review the food but wanted to post this review for the information of other travelers

Visited October 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Tourist trap downtown”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food is average and expensive and the service not good either. I've been here several times mainly due to the location (really near the train station and easy to reach no matter where in Oslo you live) but I recommend avoiding it and rather walk a bit from the train station to get better food for a lower price.

• Visited October 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“Excellent place”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Had several great experiences with my family there. Located near the central train station, opened till late night.
You have to pay your order first and them the waiter will serve you on your table. This restaurant also serves breakfast for those who stays in Scandic Byporten Hotel.

Visited August 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Efficent staff, great food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Egon always gives me a welcoming feeling. You sit in cozy little booths, and place your order at the desk. Usually you get served within 10-20 minutes, which is totally acceptable for me.

You choose from a varied menu, and I have yet to be unsatisfied.

Visited January 2013