“By Way of Information”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I wanted to eat at this restaurant while I stayed over night in Oslo because of its close proximity to my hotel. I entered the restaurant and asked if it was open because I did not see many people. I was told it was and told I could take a seat at any table. Once I was seated, I noticed two ladies eating pizza and also two other tables where people were seated but not eating. A young lady brought a menu to my table and left. I perused the menu and decided what I wanted to eat and I waited for the waitress to return. After approximately 15 minutes no one had returned to my table to take my order. I noticed one of the other couples who were already seated when I came into the restaurant were also looking around wondering when someone was going to come to take their order. After waiting 20 minutes, I left the restaurant by a side entrance and decided to eat elsewhere. I noticed Egon in several other cities I visited during my stay in Norway and mentioned my experience in Oslo. I was informed that when dining in Egon's you peruse the menu and once you have decided on your order, you have to go to a counter where you then place your order and when it is ready it is brought to your table. This was not explained to me when I entered the restaurant and I did not see anything on the menu to indicate this procedure. The restaurant had a lovely decor as did all other other locations I saw. I cannot review the food but wanted to post this review for the information of other travelers

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food is average and expensive and the service not good either. I've been here several times mainly due to the location (really near the train station and easy to reach no matter where in Oslo you live) but I recommend avoiding it and rather walk a bit from the train station to get better food for a lower price.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had several great experiences with my family there. Located near the central train station, opened till late night.
You have to pay your order first and them the waiter will serve you on your table. This restaurant also serves breakfast for those who stays in Scandic Byporten Hotel.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Egon always gives me a welcoming feeling. You sit in cozy little booths, and place your order at the desk. Usually you get served within 10-20 minutes, which is totally acceptable for me.

You choose from a varied menu, and I have yet to be unsatisfied.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The table outside is dirty. They are not cleaning directly. Food is cold. And the worst thing is they have one guy working who is NOT Kind! I ordered coffee and after I asked about the coffee but he put the glass with coffee so hard with force two times. Open and close the cashier box like he is so angry!! This gonna be the first and the last time we going on this place....so disappointed, coz I dreaming longtime to eat on the place but it was so terrible. It make my day so bad!