“Cute!”

Dining options: Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Cute!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I ate at the Apent Bakeri at Damplassen this past weekend and I found it just charming! The assortment of baked goods is really nice and I loved the coffee. I will have to say it was so full of people it was for my two friends and I to find a place to sit down. I suppose I can understand though since it is so popular. It is really different from coffee shops were I am from but I think I can get into this kind of Saturday morning ritual if the food is this good!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Cindy M

Maryland
“After hour pizza!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Two words: Reindeer Pizza

Personally, I find most pizza in Norway to be rather lackluster in comparison to both America and mainland Europe (except for Belgium... never get pizza in Belgium). However, this place, single-handedly, changed my mind.

During the day, it's a mild-mannered, bakery with unbelievable bread and pastries (good apple juice, too). However, at night, it goes sorta Mr. Hyde and becomes a cozy, pizza joint. Great sauce, flavourful dough, great cheese, and amazing toppings (did I mention they have Blitzen Pizza?!?)

I recommend this spot to anyone who has had a great slice before in their life and are put off by the other imitations in Oslo (not to mention any names...)

The only downside is that it's not exactly near anything (Torshov Trykk, 20 Bus accessible).

Visited November 2012
3 Thank boomerhoco
Bærum
“Great fresh bread”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I buy bread here every other week, they have a large selection of a very high quality. Around lunch time expect a few minutes waiting time since this is a very popular place, and for good reason!

Visited October 2012
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Not As Good As We Thought”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stopped here en route from Oslo Airport to Sweden as it was featured on a recent 'Hairy Biker's' TV series. Firstly, our Sat Nav had a nightmare finding it. It was nowhere near where we should have been (ended up in a hospital car park!).

I would have thought that given the BBC gave this bakery considerable airtime there would have been some coverage of the Hairy Bikers inside the building. Not so, and we just got a blank look from the guy behind the counter. So we randomly guessed which loaves the bikers had and took them back with us to Sweden.

The loaves were OK, just not as amazing as we thought they would be. Or we ordered the wrong thing. Cost about £9 for two loaves of bread which, like everything else in Norway, is expensive these days for overseas visitors.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank CockneyBrum
Oslo, Norway
“Could be better!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I see a lot of reviews are meant to be for the Inkognito Terrasse location, but this listing is for Damplassen. My review will also be of their specific cafe at Damplassen!
Damplassen is a little out of the beaten path if you're just visiting Oslo. It's in a quiet and expensive neighborhood with lots of lovely brick houses. The area is really nice and Damplassen is an small oasis with a few shops and of course Apent Bakeri. It has a nice terrace where you can sit outside on sunny and warm days.

The cafe is very popular so it's usually busy. The last time I visited was an early afternoon and there was not a lot of cakes or food left.
Service was also very slow. I have never waited that long for a coffee drink. The girl working there was totally hopeless. She was slow, grumpy and not very helpful.
The baked goods were dry and not as fresh and tasty as United Bakeries. The coffee was okay, but just average. Nice place, but they lack in service and quality.

• Visited August 2012