“A brilliant dining experience”
Review of hos Thea

hos Thea
Ranked #3 of 1,560 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed from July 2nd to August 3rd
Reviewed December 10, 2013

What a night. In Melbourne we are very proud of our food but this was the best dinning experience I've ever had. The owner not only made sure we had tremendous food and great service, but a laugh and a joke and a good time. I ordered the 4 course chefs menu and my partner ordered from the regular menu. The owner went the extra mile to make use we were eating together and had accompanying wines that made the experience sensational. He was also fun to have a chat with and his staff always had a smile on their faces. I would never visit Oslo without visiting to place. Worth every penny...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We visited Hos Thea for my wife's birthday while visiting Norway and certainly left very impressed. We chose the four course Chef's Menu, which at 49 NOK provides excellent quality but a manageable price, especially given Norway's cost reputation. The two starters or scallops then salmon with langoustines were both delicious, but that main of Swedish deer in a berry sauce was the piece de resistance! We've never had just tender deer, then when we complemented the waitress and commented in jest that we've have loved more she brought out two more plates! Wow. Then because it was my wife's birthday we were served an extra dessert as well. Full marks for service and it made for an excellent. Our hotel nearby served a free dinner but we were pleased to pay for our meal at Hos Thea.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had high expectations for this visit to Hos Thea, and they were all met.
The wine, food and staff was all top class.
We will return some day.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I moved close to "Hos Thea" and decided to try it once night, and since the first time, I was hooked. We have been there many times, special occasions, regular dinners and we had as well a party catered in our home as well.
The restaurant is great, the ambient is excellent. The owner is really great and recommends you always great stuff, it is always nice to have a chat with him... I have to say, I love the chocolates filled with olive oil... and the desserts as well. I dont think I have ever tasted something less than exceptional or I didn't love in this restaurant.
A must go if you are in Oslo.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wanted to go and check this place out since it is #1 restaurant in Oslo and is holding that place for a while now. Couldn't get a booking for a desired day but were promised a glass of champagne for a future booking.
The restaurant is in a nice location (close to tram). Very small and cozy, dimmed lights and not that many tables. Excellent service, although we did have a minor misunderstanding (about the champagne) with the waiter, but aside from that, very nice and serviceminded staff. We chose a chef's menu (which was an awesome deal), 4 courses for 495nok (you can also get 6 course menu). Everything was delicious, but special thanks for the amazing Jerusalem artichoke soup and the dessert--super good ganache with the most tasty coconut sorbet (could have had more raspberries to complement the richness of the chocolate).
Thank you Sergio for being very nice and service oriented and coming out to great us, really made a great final touch of the evening. We will definetely come back and bring some people :)