“Best restaurant in Oslo.”
Review of hos Thea

hos Thea
Ranked #2 of 1,549 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed from July 2nd to August 3rd
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The way we were received will always be remembered With friendliness and hospitality.
The food was excellent and wine choices perfect. We will be back.

Thank Bernhard Christ... J

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The best meal ever in Norway! Quite formal and expensive but a truly special dining experience. Defo recommend,

2  Thank Tanja C
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My other half booked this restaurant as it was number 1 on TripAdvisor for Oslo - as always, I was skeptical about whether the restaurant would live up to its reputation. I needn't have worried!

The room is very neutrally decorated and warm and as soon as we walked in we were greeted by the proprietor, Sergio. He was friendly and warm and made us feel welcome immediately, as did the rest of the waiting staff.

As soon as we were seated he deposited a glass of bubbly on the table for each of us - free of charge. Amuse bouches also appeared - they were very tasty but alas, due to the champagne, I can't remember what they, or the starter I had, actually were!

The main I DO remember though, lovely tender lamb with soft potato fondant, vegetables and a lovely sauce. My other half enjoyed his main and wolfed it down. Sergio spotted that he'd finished and asked him if he'd like some more as he didn't want any customers leaving hungry! Other half declined, one eye already on the dessert course...

The piece de resistance was dessert. I ordered the tender almond's kiss, which was a feather-light concoction of cream, almonds and salt (it worked, believe me!) with a velvety smooth passion fruit sorbet. My other half had ordered the plate which consisted of various small desserts and Sergio proceeded to deliver his, as well as some extra duplicates of some of the components of his dessert for me to try: "I don't want you to be jealous" he reasoned. Again, those extras were free of charge.

Also with our dessert we ordered a Sancerre dessert wine - that was delicious. When ordering we'd asked if he had any Tokaji Hungarian dessert wine as we'd tried that in Hungary and it was delicious. He didn't think he did so we plumped for the Sancerre. But yet again Sergio came up trumps - halfway through dessert he appeared with two more glasses and a Tokaji he'd found and poured us two so we could taste the two together and compare them. And once again, the Tokaji did not appear on the bill.

All in all it was a really exceptional experience - it was like going to dinner at your favourite uncle's house, but a favourite uncle who also happens to be a phenomenal chef with an incredible gift for hospitality. Do visit, you won't regret it.

3  Thank Tracy T
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We came in late on wednesday evening and they provided us with a great table. We only ordered the main dish. The owner said that we couldn`t wait for our main course for 20 min, whitout eating so he offered a delishous lobster soup and some sparkeling wine on the house... What an excpiriance! And what a taste!
This restaurant in the heart of Oslo`s west, is incredible and worth a visit!
You rearly find an restaurant like this, with it`s charm and so close to the center of Oslo with this kind of service!!! The lamb on the rack was perfect, and the Ripasso as well!
Our best recomandations!

Keep it up :-)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Cosy restaurant and nice staff but they do not use the best produce and unfortunately the food is just average. Too expensive for the quality you get.

1  Thank HannaOslo