“Steakers”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tromso, Norway
“Steakers”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A great place to go if you're looking for a good steak or meat- dinner. They have a wide variety of meatselection and some fish as well. They also have combo platters and sharing platters if you can't decide what you're up for. The waiters are known to be very helpful, nice and all over not too pushy, and they do live up to their reputation! At arrival when seated you receive a paper note where you write your order. So, starter 4, main 8, and cross of if you'd like baked potato, chips, and so on.

The food came about 30 mins after we ordered, to be a party of 5 on a saturday when they were packed wasn't a long wait at all. The portions are not a joke tho, I'd recommend starving yourself for the entire day when going here, because very few people can actually finish their meals. The dessert selection isn't very big, but you'll find the usual suspects such as creme brûlée, fondants and ice-cream. They're fairly priced, probably a bit over average, but you're sure not to leave hungry anyway! I know they offer seating for quite big parties as well, up to 1- 20 I think, and people are quite pleased with the service they get.

Must admit that the baked potato I had was slightly undercooked, and I did find a splinter of bone in the mix platter I had. When I told the waitress she was very helpful and also offered free dessert as a compensation. The atmosphere is nice, but you'll find all kinds of people there. The big trucker guys to the fancy people out on a christmasdinner with work. The restaurant is a bit packed in a sense of the tables being a bit close to each other. We did feel that the three drunk middle-aged guys next to us could hear everything we were saying. But i guess you'd have to expect it to be crowded on a Saturday.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Toughest Sirloin - not worth the stop”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I do not understand why this restaurant was packed. It was just before Christmas and there were lots of big groups, so maybe that's why. Lots of people had steaks then the huge desserts - so maybe the desserts. I had the sirloin - which they said was their best steak. It was one of the worst steaks I ever had. It is tough. Not juicy. It has to be corn-fed. Maybe I'm a steak-snob coming from great steak restaurants from Chicago, but this is one place I will never come close to again. I did not finish it.

Visited December 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Huge portions and not overly expensive”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Steakers is an American style restaurant serving food such as ribs, steak, burgers etc. I had a shellfish soup, followed by the Steakers Combo, which is lamb shank, pork ribs and beef steak.

The portions were very large, and I had to leave some of my main as I was full. A shame, because the food was excellent.

Not much Norwegian food available, but there are many other restaurants in the city if that's what you're looking for.

I liked the idea of filling in a card with your choice and the way you like your steak cooked. Be careful to cross your 7s though, because I got starter 1 instead of starter 7.

Visited December 2013
Tromso, Norway
“Really bad”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The restaurant was cold and the dishes became cold too quick. The potatoes where almost raw. The butter and garlic shrimps where really small, mini-babies! The biff was ok. The service was not what we expected in a expensive restaurant

• Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful steak”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had arrived without a reservation on a busy Friday night and were quickly offered a table with the only proviso that they would need it back two hours later. Service was quick and pleasant and the waitress was helpful in describing the dishes.

My 300g sirloin was one of the best steaks I have had in a long time: tender, cooked to perfection, and with a mild peppercorn sauce!

The fish (cod) and chips were good, though the fish was a little bland.

Creme Brulee was tasty with a lovely crunchy topping.

All-in-all, thoroughly recommended despite Norwegian prices!

Visited October 2013