All reviews rooms are small no frills free wifi northern lights would stay here again cleaned every day late check short walk sister hotel hotel is great reception area stayed here for nights clean towels the main street short stay hotel is centrally located expensive country
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2019

The Comfort Hotel Express was a great hotel for me and my son. We spent two days in Tromso, explored most of the town, went up the cable car, did a bus tour chasing the Northern Lights, etc... The hotel was comfortable, we both slept very good. They didn't have much of a breakfast to offer, but the town is easy to walk around and find just about anything you need. My only complaint would be that they are way too strict with their check in times. They will not allow early check in, even if the rooms are available. It's like a bell goes off, and everybody rushes to get checked in. The only good part about this was that they have a closet that they will store your bags in until check in time. However, that closet was overflowing with bags of other people waiting to check in.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Katerina K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hi Cadave1969!
Thank you for taking your time to provide some feedback, we really appreciate it!
It looks like you've experienced a lot during your two days in Tromsø!
We do offer early check-in for 100,- if we have rooms available. This way the ones that needs their room early can get it, and we are sure that we have enough rooms ready for everyone to check in when our check-in starts.
I understand it can be frustrating to wait, but we have, as you've noted, our luggage room if you want to leave your luggage while roaming the city :-)
Sometimes during our high-season the luggage room can get full, with 192 rooms there will be a lot of people both leaving and coming on some days.

Hope you loved Tromsø half as much as we do, and that you return to us!

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

The room had everything I needed; comfy bed, desk for working, window that opened and a bathroom with shower. Comfortably warm bathroom and blendingcurtains. Only minus is the wall-to-wall carpet, I wish hotels would stop using that all together.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi TravelExplorePassion!
Look at us being all perfect for each other! We do have rooms without carpets too, just let us know next time so we can get the right room for you.
We cannot quit with carpets all together for two reasons; water/snow/ice/slush/gravel and all that comes with our winter-season - and snow spikes that people use during the winter season. Life above the arctic circle comes with some disadvantages unfortunately.

Hope you loved Tromsø so we get to see you again!

Reviewed March 16, 2019

I stayed in this hotel 10 years ago and loved it, and though the whole thing has been redecorated since it's still as lovely as ever. It's one of the more beautiful of the hotels in the town - I love the old style clapboard look, and it has wonderful views across the harbour, but the main assets are the staff (who are wonderful and friendly) and the general smooth running of the place. It's a great location, people are helpful, there is a fantastic offer of free make your own hot waffles every tea time, a really good spread for supper included, and the lift is the fastest I've ever known. No matter how many people were in the hotel it always seemed that we could get up and down the floors without having to wait. I came here this time with a friend and my mother who has mild dementia. We all had a fabulous time and the hotel couldn't have looked after us better. A great place

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Katerina K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Hi Somersetbed,
What a lovely review! I think our colleagues at Clarion Collection Hotel With will really appreciate it, as it seems to me it might have been there you stayed.
I hope you love Tromsø half as much as you loved your stay at With, because if you do i know we will see you again!

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

I stayed between the 7th and 11th of March.

The Hotel accurately describes everything on their website. I was fully aware of everything before I left and I absolutely loved how they worked.

The rooms, yes they are compact, but it had everything I needed and enough space. There are 2 bins provided, one in the room and bathroom. There are enough towels for each person to use for the duration of your stay. There are a couple of hangers to hang clothes and some pegs on the wall for you to hang coats, jackets etc. There is space under the bed to pop your case under and sufficient lighting,desk, chair and TV. The bathroom has a Hairdryer and provides hand soap and shower gel... This does state suitable for hair too.

Check in is super simple done via an Ipad, any issues and staff are on hand to help.

There is no restaurant as stated in their description, but they do have a grab and go section with sandwiches, juices, muffins and fruits for you to purchase.

If any issues with anything you only have to ask the staff and they will do what they can for you or advise accordingly. The staff are very helpful and friendly and happy to recommend things.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel again, its a lovely place in a perfect location. Everything was only a few mins walk away.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Katerina K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Hi SaraB2246!

Perfect hotel? Try perfect guest!
Wow, what a review, i think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. You did your research before booking your hotel, and it looks like you found the perfect one to cover your needs :-)

I do hope we get to see you again, and if you do return, give us a heads up first!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

At comfort hotel, you can sure find something really positive: a good atmosfere, warm rooms and the possibility to benefit of the lobby to have your own food. On the other hand the policy adopted on room service is not ideal: cleaning every 4 days (our bin was exploding), made our stay not 100% comfortable. In addition to that their attempt to lodge us in single room, was really bad (after insisting we got finally a double room).
In general the good position made the experience positive, but honestly I would try something different if I had to get back In Tromsø.

M.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maresciallonemo

Hi Maresciallonemo,

Thank you for your feedback!
Love reading the positive here, just what we want to see. Though we clean your rooms every fourth day, we will of course come empty the bin whenever needed, as long as we are told to. We don't go into your rooms except for cleaning.
We sell moderate double rooms, and standard double rooms. Our moderate double rooms are the cheapest and smallest option, and have the double bed pushed against the wall - perfect for one, cozy for two. We do not make all our moderate double rooms for two, but in some of the rooms we keep the extra duvet and towels in the big drawer underneath the bed, this because if you are staying in the room as one but not two we don't have to clean two sets of everything, saving on chemicals and water - which is great for our Mother Earth. You were upgraded to a standard double room, just know that we in no way shape or form tried to lodge you in any room that wasn't booked or right :-)

I hope you loved Tromsø, and that you got to experience the Northern Lights during your stay. It truly is magical!