“May be the Absolute Worst Restaurant I've Ever Eaten In”

Kitchen & Table Tromso
Ranked #22 of 141 Restaurants in Tromso
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kitchen & Table Tromso by Marcus Samuelsson
Reviewed June 3, 2019

From the lack of service to the pathetic menu, you would be well served to stay away from this place. I ordered the white fish and never had a piece of fish that was as tasteless and chewed like an old leather shoe. I was so hungry that I managed to get thru most of it. Had I not been booked for another event, I simply would have fed it to the nearby homeless dog and searched for something better.

My wife ordered a vegan burger, which was a bit more tolerable. We waited 45 minutes from the time we ordered until this was served. Then, needing to leave, we had to seek out a waiter/waitress to gather our check as the waitress that initially greeted us disappeared.

My only wish at this time is that the food doesn't lead to food poisoning....

Date of visit: June 2019
Catalina M, Manager at Kitchen & Table Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

We had a nice dinner over there. The food was okay but not amazing. The service was good. One of the ditches was overdone and they changed it immediately. We enjoyed

Date of visit: March 2019
Catalina M, Manager at Kitchen & Table Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed March 5, 2019

We fancied a treat and decided to go to this beautiful restaurant on the mezzanine floor of the Clarion Edge Hotel after reading lots of very positive reviews!

So glad we did!!

I ordered the reindeer cooked medium and my wife ordered the Potato Potatoes with a Haloumi side.

Wow! I have never eaten reindeer before - what can i say - it was delicious, tasty, lean, super tender and cooked to perfection! My wife's Potato and Haloumi dish was equally good! Delicious - top quality cooking!

We managed to squeeze in a delicious Creme Brûlée and some sorbet and ice cream.

Not cheap but well worth every penny!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Catalina M, Manager at Kitchen & Table Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2019

Thank you for the great review and we are so happy you enjoyed it :)
Hope to see you both again in the future!

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

We travel quite a bit and are budget conscious when we do, and feel often times its rare to find a restaurant inside a hotel that is above average. This is not the case with Kitchen and Table. We had the Potato Potato’s with Beef and the Reindeer. The beef was slightly tough but this may also be because I was comparing it to the reindeer which was amazing. What put this place over the top for us was the service provided by Christian and Vincent our server. They were awesome and Vincent even engaged us in conversation after the meal. (Hope we didn’t get him in trouble!) This was a great way to end our day after a day of flying and travel. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I had the reindeer and partner had the local catch. Beautifully presented, and tasted gorgeous. Also given a small, freshly cooked bread as an appetizer, which was delicious. Friendly staff and the setting in the hotel is very cool and cosy.

Date of visit: February 2019
Catalina M, Manager at Kitchen & Table Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Thank you so much for the great review! Hope to see you again at K&T