2,182 results
All reviews sky bar table restaurant great hotel northern lights modern hotel great view junior suite arctic cathedral breakfast buffet is fantastic breakfast coffee machine smoked salmon hot food reception desk stayed here for nights small room comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

The hotel itself is pleasant. Our room has been nice and well cleaned (although cold, nowhere near 24 degrees we set). The breakfast has been very good (although you get a bit fed up after 3-4 days, as nothing changes with setting and food choice). The staff is polite. Very large gym is in the connected building (free of charge for hotel guests).

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ida Kristin R, Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Mali O,

Thank you so much for the great review.
Glad to see your liked staying with us and our facilities.
Hope to see you again at another occasion.

Best regards Ida
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2019

Usually I think such large hotels become impersonal and boring, but this hotel is quite nice. Great food, polite and professional service. Good selection for breakfast. Clean rooms and good beds. Good location on the quay with a view to the sea.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I visited Tromso for 3 nights to see the Northern Lights, and also experience dog sledding. On arrival, the receptionist was friendly and informative. However I was surprised to find my room was not ready (it was 430pm); after a delay of 10-15 minutes I received they key. Whilst I’d requested a high floor, I was allocated a low floor – however a room change was soon arranged.

The Junior Suite was a reasonable size, albeit odd floor plan. It commanded excellent views. Some housekeeping issues – stains on the table, a discarded sweet wrapper on the floor and the slippers had already been opened.

The buffet breakfast was included in the rate, with a comprehensive selection of continental and cooked items. Crockery (plates and cups) were poorly cleaned - each day having to pick up several before finding ones without grime (see photos).

During my stay I requested two wake up calls via reception. The first I did not receive (thankfully I did not miss my tour). On advising reception they advised they would make the wake up call in person the following day (the day of my departure); I did not receive this call either.

In summary, a few issues but otherwise an enjoyable stay. Recommended if visiting Tromso; hopefully they can address the detractors.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Excellent hotel location by the fiord near by tourist information center and cruise port. Excellent breakfast buffet and excellent restaurant staff as well.out standing gym by all means.Very helpful and professional reception staff

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights in a suite during a visit to Tromso. Wonderful hotel, exceptionally clean and the suite had fantastic views overlooking the harbour/fjord. Staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great-so much choice! I particularly liked the artwork around the hotel and the comfy king sized bed. All in all, a great hotel with brilliant service, ideally placed for exploring Tromso-would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: April 2019