“The Ultimate Experience”

Arctic Experience Tromso
More attraction details
Owner description: I go further, to bring you closer! I keep it small, friendly and personal; No big buses,bad service or waiting in line here. I`m Dan, born and raised in Arctic Norway. I grew up under the Northern lights, so I know the nature up here, the folklore, the culture and the best places to find the lights. I am also a professional photographer, and if your camera is up to the challenge of taking pictures of the Aurora, I will show you how to set it up for doing just that. I will also take pictures and e-mail you after the tour, free of charge of course. My dedication creates your memories, so I will go as long as it takes and do whatever it takes to give you the best possibility to see the lights :) All the best, Dan the Aurora Man :)
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A belated post for an incredible night out on 1st March. Dan and Øyvind made a lifelong dream come true plus helping us capture it on camera. A small group in their VW really works and we felt as if we were with close friends. We were picked up at 7pm started watching at 8pm on coast of a fjord for an hour or so then short drive to hills but a nice flat spot to watch for an hour and half. Back in Tromso 1am. The camp fire and drinks and snacks were much appreciated. Big all weather suits were available. If taking photos then bring a good tripod and cable/remote release.
Yes, we were lucky to have such excellent conditions but they made sure we were in good viewing spots. We've been recommending them to everyone we have spoken to. We can't thank you enough!

2  Thank JonHart430
There are newer reviews for Arctic Experience Tromso

Reviewed March 30, 2014

They provide a small group, intimate experience and their knowledge of where to go is priceless. On our trip we had an hour at sea level and another hour up in the mountains, both with the lights dancing overhead. Their knowledge of camera settings made taking photos easy and at one point I just laid back in the snow and enjoyed the show. A tripod is essential and remote release. We were told our evening was an 8 out of 10, so no complaints from me on their exceptional service. We had recommendations from a German family that these guys will seek the lights until dawn if necessary. Guide Gunnar thanks for the referral, these guys are great.

2  Thank Orange54
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

And they will prepare good food and coffee with a fire for you during the trip which keeps you warm all night long. The night we followed them enjoyed a short but totally gorgeous aurora dance just above our head, which is the most wonderful experience I ever have, thank you very much for their effort in bringing us there. And I know more about the aurora from the story they told us as well. And they will send you back their photos shortly, absolutely beautiful!!

Strongly recommended, as I have tried other aurora guides but cannot compare to Dan and Øyvind at all.

They are the best and wontDan and Øyvind are very professional and nice guides for hunting aurora. They act fast to find the best spot for you by using a satellite image, and at the same time explain to you the condition of weather and map. Therefore you know exactly what they are doing, makes you feel very comfortable. When you have arrived the spot for aurora, they will teach you to make good use of your camera to capture the aurora even you have no idea how to set your camera. This is very useful as you have no time to try and see it when it shows up!

They are the best and wont let you down for sure. let you down for sure.

3  Thank Karrielll
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The guys are really great. They go above and beyond to find the lights and in a deserted location, trust me you don't want all the big coaches crowding your space in which to enjoy the lights! We visited two places both with spectacular views to watch and photograph the lights. At the second place we had a fire made for us and subsequently hot coffee and soup, with more snacks afterwards! They really know their stuff when it comes to photography, which is so useful, even if you know your photo stuff, capturing the lights in all their glory needs some experienced knowledge that's for sure!! Well worth the money. Thank you for a great trip guys!!

1  Thank Cara B
Reviewed March 10, 2014

An incredible evening 2nd March. Dan and Øyvind are great hosts. They explained some back ground to the lights and showed us where we were going using the computer screen. We had an amazing display of lights to watch. It must have been about 4 hours that we were watching but time just flew by and we were not aware of it watching the constantly changing display over head. Despite Dan and Øyvinds best efforts our camera was not up to the job but that didn't matter as they sent us photos very promptly afterwards which are so great to have. We went to 2 places to view the lights. Tripod for camera, coffee and soup provided along with warm clothing if needed. A camp fire to warm us up a bit. A small bus, just 6 of us plus our hosts which was a lovely group. Thank you guys for such a great trip, the photos mean a lot to us to. We can't recommend you enough.

1  Thank Julia B