“Bad service and boring food.”
Review of Biffhuset

Biffhuset
Ranked #25 of 141 Restaurants in Tromso
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

The waiter was not really a service person. At the moment i can’t eat potatoes and they have no substitute. The waiter could not tell me what kind of vegetables that was baked. He didn’t even offer to find out. Not much side orders to choose from.
I ordered stewed mushrooms as side order and grilled tomatoe. Side order was so small. Steak was very tasty but the experience was very boring.
I have been at this place many times before but this was not a good experience. I don’t feel like visiting them again

Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

We ate at a lot of the top rated restaurant while in Tromsø but this was hands down our favorite. The restaurant has a very cute, cozy, romantic ambiance. The waiter was very friendly. The food was EXCELLENT. This was not our first choice restaurant but went there because many restaurants in Tromsø are closed on Sunday. We had heard from locals that this is a great spot. We are so glad we visited and wished we could have eaten there one more time before we left. I had the Halibut and my husband had the whale. We both loved our dishes. The seasoning they used was unique but very good. The restaurant is an average price for restaurants there.

Reviewed March 17, 2019

We really enjoyed dinner there. It's hard to find an open restaurant on Sundays but this one was opened finally. Great service and great food. We had halibut and whale. Delicious!

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

We were 3 friends having a meal out in Biffhuset this Friday.

This is a rather long account of a kitchen That does not know the ingredients of their own dishes, and a rude and unhelpful waitress.

Friend 1 is lactose intolerant. Many of the sauces and sides contains milk. The waitress could not suggest alternative sides, she said it was not possible to make substitutions in the dishes. Friend 1 chose the duck dish. The waitress did not ask her how she wanted the meat, and she got very rare medallions of duck. She are around the middle which was nearly bleeding raw.

We discovered that many of the sides contain milk.Even the carrot pure.

Friend 2 has chilli allergy. She is ok with peppercorn but must avoid paprika/peppers.
She wanted to order kid, which she loves and regularly cooks at home.(She lives somewhere in Spain where this is as commonplace as lamb or beef)

Friend 2 asked if there was chilli in the meal. The waitress did not know. She then asked about the sauce, could there be chilli or cayenne in the sauce. Again thd waitress did not know. She went to ask the kitchen and they did not know either! I wonder if they don't make sauces but use sauce from powder.

Friend 2 asked the waiter if she could ask the chef to make it without any chilli and come back and tell her if they couldn't. She told the waitress she would rather chose a different dish if they did not know or could not cook without chilli.

When friend2s dinner arrived it had no sauce at all, because the kitchen did not risk the sauce as they did not know what it contained. She got what looked like well cooked dry gmedallions of goat. It tasted pork.

Friend 2 reminded the waitress that the agreement was that she should come back and tell her if the sauce contained chilli so she could order something else, not serve it without sauce. Waitress asked if maybe she would have some bernaise? Not sure how that would work.

The waitress made a face, shrugged and asked "Yes but what should I do now"

She then pointed to my plate and asked friend 2 to taste my sauce to see if she liked it. Ut Bizarre. But hhey only a small taste would tell if there was chilli in the sauce, which there wasn't! All this could have been avoided if the kitchen knew the ingredients of their dishes, and the serving staff more friendly and customer service minded.

She left and eventually came back with a bowl of sauce.

I don't have any allergies, I ordered the reindeer and it was fine. I enjoyed my dinner. The lemon sorbet aftervwas perfect.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

As a family (2 adults and 2 youths), we have eaten in this restaurant. The steaks were ok. But forger about the ribs: the worst of my life (a lot of fat parts). Nothing with what you eat in the USA.

Date of visit: February 2019