All reviews common kitchen northern lights great wifi kitchen facilities centre of town visiting tromso room rate short stay great view fridge sink supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

We wanted to move our dates because we couldn't land in Tromso and we're sent back to London.
We advised them in Friday (arrival date) and on Saturday. They needed to wait for the management approval and we received the following line on Monday:
"Contact your insurance for a refund" signed by "Reception"
We explained again that we didn't need a refund, we needed to move the reservation, to please understand the circumstances. And on reply we received the following line:
"Please contact Booking.com to change the dates" again, signed by "Reception"
Well, I was disappointed, but mainly because they even didn't check the reservation to see if they could help. How do I know? We didn't book with Booking.com
So, I asked again to please reconsider and I asked for their empathy but also for the manager, who was in the first place the person they told us would be able to make such a decision.
Well, we didn't have any replu yet and we're not expecting much or nothing from them.
My bad, I didn't check the comments before booking.
Really, avoid them if you can, anything can happen and whilst the other people who came with us in the plane managed to re-arrange, here we are.
Good Luck!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Backpack_Manager, Front Office Manager at Enter Backpack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Hello,

We are not sure what has happened here. The responses you have received seem to be wage and undone.

We generally do not change bookings that are non-refundable, and if the dates you wished to changed where fully booked, we would not allow such a thing.

We can not do anything about the customer service in this case, but know that we will look into this and do better in the future.

Hope you are well.

Reviewed January 7, 2019

We stayed for 6 nights recently over the New Year. The Hostel was clean, bright, the kitchen basic but very functional. We had a great time. Reception was friendly and helpful. Fridge and sink in room were great. I was somewhat apprehensive given some reviews but this exceeded expectations. Sometimes there was a short wait for the toilet or shower as it was one per floor. Great view. Also in a great location about 5 minutes walking to the centre of town. Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you so much for your lovely and informative comments and the good rating.
So nice to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us. :)

Hope you are well and welcome back any time!

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

The room was clean and had a sink, which was very practical. Toilet and shower are shared but were also very clean. Also the employees were very friendly and helpful. The room was a little small but it‘s ok when you don‘t stay too long.

Date of stay: January 2019
Resort767026, Front Office Manager at Enter Backpack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for your nice comments and rating. So good to see you enjoyed your time with us.

Welcome back any time! :)

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I reserved a room at this hotel through booking.com and was told my card would not be charged at the time of reservation. When I realized they charged my card a couple of days later, I promptly cancelled the reservation (over a week before my arrival). THEY WOULD NOT REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY. The hotel has a ZERO refund policy. So, basically I paid for a room that I had cancelled. When I called, they said it was my fault and there was nothing they could do. REALLY? They took money for a service they did NOT provide. While they may have a legal right to charge the full price ($700) for a cancellation, is it ethically or morally right? Absolutely not. I asked them to do the right thing and refund my money. They refused. The sad thing is I cancelled the trip because I didn't have enough money. Now I paid for a hotel I didn't even use. How completely disappointing.

Room tip: Read the fine print when you book.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank brabbit99
fredrikabc, Front Office Manager at Enter Backpack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Hello,

We are sorry that this went the way it did.
But as a non-refundable booking is non-refundable, we can not do much about this issue.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This hotel used to have a different name. It was ABC Hotel, one of the two hotels in town owned by the same guy. This one was relatively less expensive and it was run more like a hostel rather than a hotel. It had a full kitchen and a lounge with several table. The atmosphere was certainly more like a hostel. The room was relatively clean (sometime). The bathroom was a bit uncomfortable but not terrible. The service, on the other hand, was disappointing. The reception hours are limited. So if you come outside of those hours, you'll have to deal with self-checking or checkout. The room rate here (and elsewhere in Tromso) is very expensive. This "hotel" is located up in the hill from the downtown area. So, it's a steep walk up the hill. But at least it's in a quiet part of town.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank PacLighter
Management response:Responded April 17, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your comments.

We still have a fully stocked kitchen and a lounge with several tables, sofa and TV. (common-room)

The opening hours is something we will look into and try to get better soothed for our guests.

Best regards,