We were out on a night of heavy snow storm. Gunnar drove us very far towards the Finnish border, but it just kept snowing all the way. After around 3-hour drive, we drove back as Gunnar told us that the weather was so bad that there might be avalanche, plus there was no aurora activity anyway. So it's another 3-hour drive back to the hotel and we didn't even get off the van for the whole tour! We did appreciate the long drive to try and catch a piece of clear sky. But with the weather and aurora forecast it seemed quite impossible to catch the light that night. It might be better to cancel the trip or at least give us an option for rescheduling in terms of safety and all.
The good thing about the tour was that Gunnar offered a more competitive price as compared to other companies. So if you are lucky with the weather and aurora activity, going with Gunnar does save you some cash.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.