“A highlight of our trip”

Arctic Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Arctic Adventure Tours is a company in Tromsø, Norway that provide nature-based tours. We offers dog sledding with Alaskan huskies, Whale watching for killer whales and humpback whales in the fjords, Northern lights tours and boat sightseeing. Dog sledding is a tour where you drive a sled with six dogs. You will get all the equipment you need, we will teach you how to drive and our experienced guide will take you through snow-covered hills and mountains. Experience the polar night under millions of starts and the green northern lights dancing in the Northern Norway. Whale watching is unique in Norway because the whales swim in to the fjords for eating herring. The narrow fjords makes you get close to orcas and humpback whale. It is breathtaking and amazing to experience their feast. Through the summer we offer RIB Excursions, boat sightseeing around Tromsø, showing and telling you about the area, the history and the mountains and wild life. We will love to see you and share our tours with you.
Dublin, Ireland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A group of 6 of us went on one of Hege and Per's dog sledding tours and it was certainly one of the highlights of our trip to Tromso. Hege and her husband were excellent to deal with and it was most professionally run. The dogs were fantastic and it was clear that they love their sledding job! Speeding through the snowy landscape was truly exhilarating and magical. Afterwards we gathered in a lovely wooden hut for hot drinks and fabulous chocolate cake. I would highly recommend this tour. I hope to go on one of the multi-day adventure tours with this company the next time I'm in the Arctic:)

1 Thank emg G

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Dog Sledding Days”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a wonderful trip with Arctic Adventure Tours for their morning dog sledding excursions. The whole team there were really friendly and welcoming, including the teams of dogs. The instructions were given with humour and clarity (very important!), and although a little nervous at first, I had a fantastic time driving the dog sled and admiring the gorgeous winter countryside around the farm. It's not as hard as you think and the feeling of flying over the winter landscape, admittedly sometimes precariously, is a thrill. The tea/coffee and cake at the end were also most welcome, and I really felt the genuine spirit of hospitality from our hosts. I would highly recommend their tour.

2 Thank Traveller645
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'm not sure how to write this without sounding too over the top. This really was the experience of a lifetime. We wanted to make sure that our break was an experience of a lifetime for the kids (9 &12) and if we never took them away again I think we would have achieved this.
I cannot recommend this trip too highly. We went for the 4 hour day time sled which was perfect. We were the only family on the trip and we were so well looked after from start to finish.
The kids had been quite disappointed to find out they were too young to drive on their own but Michelle was a star and gave both of them a chance to drive with her. I will never forget the look on my sons face when he first stood on the back of the sled. She was so patient with my daughter who is a little less confident than her brother and soon both of them were taking it in terms. Michelle also proved a star when my husband proved that men are worse drivers by flipping our sled twice.
The cake and coffee by the fire are a really perfect end but even at this point they were happy for my son to carry on playing outside in the waist deep snow and stroking his favourite dogs and offered to get their own son to come and show ours around.
Top class and worth every penny. If you come to Tromso as a family you must do this

3 Thank Lisaandderek
Kent
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Ride of a Lifetime”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dog sledding is simply something you just have to do once in your lifetime. We recommend Arctic Adventure Tours for this experience in Norway. Per Thore really looked after us - especially when we fell off the sledge! The Norwegian huskies are beautiful and so friendly. The experience was exhilarating, scarey and really made our trip to Norway truly memorable. Finishing off with hot coffee and divine chocolate cake round a fire. And yes we did see the lights one evening on our cruise.

Visited January 2013
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“"A truly memorable experience"”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a fantastic day and I cannot recommend the owners and the experience highly enough. The equipment, support, views and the thrills all make this a day not too miss. My wife and I put this down as one of our best days out. We base this on having been lucky enough to travel allo over the world. The whole experience is rounded off with home made chocolate cake and warm coffee. Need I say more!

1 Thank tony53_13