Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Local quality!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Peter H
Wonderful wildlife spotting under the midnight sun!

albertpg94
Tromso, Norway

All reviews camera settings northern lights whale watching hand warmers aurora activity cod small group great trip tea and coffee see whales weather conditions hot chocolate recommend this trip amazing experience other companies naked eye soup
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

During our stay in Tromso we joined 4 different companies on Northern Lights trips. We preferred this company for many reasons. The driver and guide were very motivated and friendly. They served the tastiest food, went to the most scenic spots, offered us the best clothing and most importantly, they use a local driver and a local guide. Unfortunately the other companies we went with use foreign guides without any knowledge of the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We had an unforgettable trip with the team of Explore the Arctic! Our guides, Marcus and Mimmi, were friendly and caring during the whole evening, and they showed us the stunning landscapes around Kvaløya and smaller islands in the surroundings.
During the evening we came across plenty of Arctic wildlife, puffins and black guillemots swam around us for most of the trip, and in the way to the seal “hotspot” we enjoyed some hot drinks and spotted several eagles!
Also, Marcus patiently showed us how to fish and we had a very successful fishing session.
I warmly recommend these guys to anyone wishing to enjoy wildlife under the midnight sun!

Reviewed July 19, 2018

What an experience! I must say that I was impressed by the quality of the tour offered by the Explore the Arctic team. The staff (Marcus and Mimmi) were extra caring and attentive throughout the whole trip, giving detailed information about the fjords, nature and the route that we were taking.
We covered so much within the time we had: We saw many marine birds, including guillemots, sea-eagles and PUFFINS; grey seals and even porpoises. We had the chance to try sea fishing, which was also a really interesting experience.

I can't recommend this tour enough! It's a must in Tromso!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We had one of their trips and it was just amazing! The staff was very helpful and kind, explaining every remarkable thing during the trip. They also offered us some chocolate and biscuits. We could fish and we saw seals and puffins. It was even better than what I expected.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing fishing trip with Marcus! Our family were so well looked after and Marcus was always there to help with baits, rigs and tactics! My son Anthony caught a record 150kg Halibut!! Making all his dreams come true.. my wife caught a lovely wolfish and then we were spoilt with a lot more large cod and coalfish.. Our thanks to captain Marcus and his first mate Tim for a wonderful trip which we would highly recommend to any family looking to do the same!

1  Thank Rogerlodi
Reviewed March 31, 2018

I absolutely recommend joining the Explore the Arctic team in their tours, I had such a great experience with them.

First I enrolled in the WINTER FJORD CRUISE and I could not ask for more: the guide Mimmi and the skipper Alex took us to the Sommaroy area where we enjoyed amazing landscapes and local fauna like the impressive white tailed sea eagle. They also provide very useful information about the area and guided us when we tried fishing. We finished the trip with a delicious meal and could get a copy of all the pictures they take during the tour.

After such a great experience I decided to enroll in the NORTHERN LIGHTS TOUR. Markus, Mimmi and the safe driver took us to breathtaking spots where we enjoyed beautiful northern lights, received assistance on how to configurate our cameras and were served a delicious meal in front of a campfire.

Don't hesitate and book a tour with this lovely team!!!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Marcus was great. Assisted with everything. We had an amazing experience. The food was a winner. Marcus truly deserve a raise! In extreme cold he provided hand warmers and set the camera setting with freezing hands. Much appreciated.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

I have to say a big thank you to all team of Explore the Arctic for making my experience on that day unforgettable. They took care of me and the other people from the first moment to the end. I felt they really, genuinely, wanted to make my experience superb.
They are really professional, organized, and easy going. I choose them for the reviews, even if bit more expensive from the other companies, but just because the less people on the boat and with a lunch included. Everything has been perfect: they offered all the equipment, all the info we wanted and lot of smile. We had great time around fjords, and we had time to fish: I got 2 (two) cod! And they cleaned for me, too. The captain and the guide were really careful and confident. The guide tooks lots of picture in great quality and in less that 24H I got a mail for download them. Superb, I warmly suggest them. Thanks guys!

Reviewed March 19, 2018

We had a great trip around the fjords, the landscape was amazing and we recieved good explanations about it, as well as on the different animal species around there. We also had the chance to fish on board! And at the end of the trip, we could enjoy a very delicious fish soup.
Thank you a lot for this experience !

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Thank you Marcus and friend (sorry I forgot his name, he was the one who drove us around) for making this trip possible by making sure that we saw the northern light before leaving the place. I joined their tour on the 8th of March and saw the northern light just above me. It was so magical and beautiful!! Marcus did a really good job in taking photos of the NL I would say that he is very skillful on this. I like the cod fish stew, it’s delicious and eating the stew around the camp fire feels great!

1  Thank qianyee o