“The best guide ever!”
Review of Explore the Arctic

Explore the Arctic
More attraction details
Owner description: Small groups - Big experiences. Our highly qualified local guides ensure a unique and unforgettable adventure with a personal touch. Northern lights trips by bus, charter boat fishing, whale watching and fjord cruises.
“The best guide ever!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been fishing with many guides in my life, but Marcus Åhlund takes them all! He's got exellent service and a sixth sense of finding fish . This year trips with him in june will never be forgotten . Nice halibuts and Wolffish were caught plus many other species . I Will fish with him again !

Visited June 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Excellent tour led by knowledgeable and outstanding guide”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went on an aurora tour with Arctic Fishing Adventures in late March along with my husband. We were picked up on time from our hotel and met by our guide, Marcus. We had a small group of 5 which was nice, leaving plenty of space in the very nicely maintained minibus. Marcus took the time to introduce himself and get to know everyone in the group. We drove out about an hour or a bit more to find a good location with clear skies and no ambient light. We then spent time there hoping for a good show of the aurora. Marcus went out of his way to provide everyone with the ideal camera settings to ensure they were able to photograph the aurora. I found this to be extremely helpful and used these settings for the remainder of our trip in Tromso. If you need help with this aspect, you might consider going out with him on your first night (or all of your nights) so that you can set up your camera properly. He also provided me with a large tripod since his was taller than the one I brought along. Marcus has a very keen knowledge of the aurora, spotting its presence even when it is very faint. He used a number of apps to track activity levels through the night on his phone. Marcus made a nice fire in the snow and also served a tasty fish stew. The van was kept running all night in case you wanted to go in to warm up. We were never far from the van so this was helpful. Further he provided hand and toe warmers which were great for keeping warm. Marcus was very personable and led an excellent tour. Despite the fact that we had low levels of activity the night we went out, he was still able to find some nice aurora viewing for us. He worked hard all night to make sure we got to see the aurora while we were out. We came back around 1:30am feeling very satisfied with our experience. I wouldn't hesitate to book multiple nights with him. Following our tour, he emailed me incredible and high quality aurora photos from the evening. He is a skilled photographer and I really appreciated having some better quality images to remember the evening. Overall, I felt it was an outstanding tour and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller group experience. Thank you so much Marcus!!

2 Thank amycwru
Canberra, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Northern Lights”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went on a Northern Lights trip with Arctic Fishing Adventures on 20 March 2013 and was incredibly happy with the service provided by my guide, Marcus. He was knowledgable, helpful and attentive at all times and showed me which settings to use on my camera to get the best photos. We got really lucky on the night and saw two amazing displays of the lights and Marcus was happy to stay out until the display had ended. Overall, I had a great time and would definately book with this company again. The only thing that this company didn't do that the other 2 I used in Tromso did was drop me back at my hotel (we were dropped off in the city centre instead). Tromso seemed really safe though and I had no trouble walking back to my hotel.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

What an excellent trip. Marcus and Paul tried so hard to help us see the lights. Our weather was terrible, blizzards all day with very low cloud, but they didn't give up driving for 6 hours to find clear sky. When we ere finally rewarded we saw a fantastic display lasting for half an hour. nothing was too much trouble. My camera wasn't good enough to take pictures so Marcus emailed the next day with his photos of the trip which were excellent. They also provided a hot meal of home cooked fish stew with vegetables and potatoes around a camp fire whilst we were waiting. I have already recommended them to friends and wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

1 Thank Matthewsexplora
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Northern lights chase”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Cant praise it enough, Marcus and Paul were excellent. Lots of tripods and very knowledgeable about setting up cameras and nothing was to much trouble. Would recommend it to anyone as we feel you would not be able to get anyone any better, it was worth every penny. Considerate and oblidging from start to finish. EXCELLENT NIGHT thanks to you both

1 Thank Patrick W