All reviews northern lights public buses checked in quickly book trips nice hotel body lotion an early flight dog sledging hotel breakfast best feature long queue sized room room service scandic ishavshotel room was clean and comfortable great room central location
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Very good location just steps away from the harbour and from the flybussen stop. Tromsö city is small and nearly everything is in walking distance. Good healthy breakfast, comfortable rooms, friendly service and good free internet. Will certainly stay again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Sandra L, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Dear trooper92,

Thank you so much for your amazing review.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Sandra

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

They cover the standard stuff easily;
- Lovely views
- Clean, pleasant rooms
- Delicious food
- etc

The thing which means I'll be using this hotel every time I visit is the staff; they are phenomenal and have accommodated me so well, access to places to chill out between tours, letting me use the showers in the gym after checkout (the tour prior to my flight was very physical), patience in explaining how I should go about my stay, and basically a culinary guide through Norwegian traditional foods and drink. This wasn't just standard courtesy, there was a genuine desire to help me have the best experience in Tromsø possible. Also the staff from Tromsø Safari which operate from the lobby were exceptional as well, making this a perfect base camp for my trip.

Shout out to the polar bear in the lobby for not eating me!

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Q3400ATtimb!

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and It is good to see that you were well taken care of by all the staff. We hope to see you again in the future!

I wish you a great day!

Kind regards Sandra

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on previous visits to Tromsø since 1992 and every stay has been great, alas I have been let down this time. Room 949 in the older part of the hotel, a very clean and comfortable room if a little on the small side, but the issue is that it is right underneath the gym. Constant sound of weights and machinery. This morning I thought it was very noisy neighbours but on walking back to my room this evening I looked up and saw the gym. Who in their right minds puts a gym above guest rooms....? Even as I sit and type this there is the constant thud of weights hitting the floor. I have called reception and been told that I can move rooms but that the gym closes in 20 minutes and moving rooms would take longer than that. For this stay no stars I’m afraid.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Excursion684913, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear AndyC692,

thank you for staying with us and for your honest review.
Your feedback is very important to us and we are therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience your experienced.
I will make sure that your feedback is shared internally to make corrective actions where required. Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss these concerns further.

We are really sorry to hear about your stay and hope you accept our deepest apologize.

Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Raddison Blu for 5 nights and can’t recommend it enough. The express bus from the airport stops across the road at Scandic Ishavshotel. Check in/out was an easy process and all the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Great location in town especially as Tromsø Safari run their tours from the hotel. For a solo traveller the room was perfect and all you need after a day in the snow. The window over the bed was a great touch and I enjoyed sitting in the bed people/landscape watching. If I ever come back to Tromso I’ll definitely stay at the Raddison.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Cin07,

thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and really hope we can welcome you back sometimes soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in March and found it a great base. Convenient as the airport shuttle bus went straight to the door and everything to do was in walking distance. Check out was at midday which was a massive bonus as was the extensive and delicious breakfast buffet. Small but private and cosy room with a big window and lovely views. Would definitely stay here again in returning to Tromso.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Maddy C,
thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for your gat review! We really apreciate it and look forward welcoming you back sometimes soon!