Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso
$142
$142
  • Breakfast included
Enter City Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
$104
Enter Viking Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
$153
$99
  • Bar/Lounge
Scandic Grand Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
$133
$105
  • Breakfast included
Enter Amalie Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
$109
$149
$136
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
$98
$95
Trip.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,447 results
All reviewsa business class roomhurtigruten cruisenorthern lightsarctic cathedralgreat viewnespresso machinebreakfast buffetairport busstandard roomtea and coffee making facilitiesreception staffcentral hotelsmall towntown centrecable carstayed for nightsdog sledding
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed two nights from 29th to 31st of May.

I had a small flooding in my bathroom on the first night as draining seemed clogged. When I told the reception I was immediately upgraded to a superior room.

All staff I encountered were friendly and welcoming. A special mention goes to Nena at the recepetion for her kind demeanor and outstanding service on more than one occasion.

I missed fried eggs and bacon at the breakfast, that's it. Very good hotel, very good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Elesius
Jan S, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed . We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was in Tromso's Radisson Blu for six nights. The breakfast was excellent. My bedroom was big, clean and with fantastic view on the arbour. Good the sauna on the top of hotel with circular window. I like this hotel!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with view on the arbour
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alessandro K

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very good receiption, with kind staff. The room was clean and also the bathroom. The room was also well decorated With Nice colours. The elevator in good condition and fast enough. Breakfast a bit under the edge. Good media system With accurate TV. If rooms against the see, the view is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Trygg Arne L

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We visited as a family of three in February after booking our holiday through Expedia.co.uk.

Our first impressions were of a very cold reception as we were told that we had to pay another £20 per night for a rollaway bed for our 6 year old daughter despite the fact that we had booked directly as a 'family of three' on the Expedia site. The uncaring receptionist didn't consider for one minute that we had just walked in from a long journey from England and could demonstrate that we had paperwork for three people. We were informed that there was a commentary in the small print on the site to this effect. When I asked why would I book a room for three people with only a double bed I was told that sometimes people would share the bed with their children! Really?? Up to what age? 12? 16? Come on Radisson get real.

After leaving this 24 hours we complained to the Manager who agreed not to charge us an extra £80 for the four nights...on the basis that we understood they were doing this exceptionally.

This incident was a shame as the actual quality of the hotel was surprisingly good and location superb.

In terms of the room we had gone for the larger business room ...well that's what it said on the website. Whilst the room was of a good standard it was quite small without a bath, there was very little hanging space and the cable tv that they talked about didn't work at all, All you had was a few standard channels which was very disappointing.

We had a room on floor 7 and had a view of the harbour which was okay but the other side of the hotel with views of the bay would have been much better.

Breakfast was ok apart from the obligatory non working toaster and the hotels inability to deal with what appeared to be coach loads of tourists from the various cruise ships.

Other disappointments were that there was no bar open in the hotel forcing you next door to the local bar which was not really child friendly.

On the positive side the hotel did have the local tour company based in reception and it was a good base for the dog sledding or other arctic activities that you wanted to do.

The viewing lounge was great...especially if you turned the lights off... to look for the Northern Lights which amazingly we saw from our room and then on the street later that night at 23:00. Incredible...! Suggestion...put a bar in the viewing lounge or offer a drinks service.

Overall Tromso is more of a hub for other activities although we did enjoy walking around the town, dog sledding, going to Polaris and the Arctic Cathedral.

There isn't a great deal of choice for hotels of this type and I would therefore say that you would have no alternative but to book in here if you are looking for a large chain hotel. However I think the staff know this and I think that this comes through with a little too much arrogance in terms of customer service.

Finally watch out for the taxi drivers ripping you off with a meter that already starts of at a third of the fare! This is a very expensive place so be aware and look out for the local Pasta Factory restaurant which offered much better value for your evening meals

Room Tip: ask for a bay view floor 7 not a harbour view...and ask for the largest business room as they are small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LordKixley
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Great impression from the first minute I stepped into the hotel (and also when I booked the room). I felt very welcome and when I told them I was proposing, they were cheering me on, yet being very discrete about it when my girlfriend arrived. They also helped me out with some details! very nice! The room was big, I got an excellent view at a great price, and the room was flawlessly cleaned, I really have to hand it to the cleaners! All in all very satisfied (and I got a yes!)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Larza
Jan S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for feedback, - we really appreciate that you take your time to share your experiences with us and other co-travellers. We sincerely hope you one day will return to us and Tromso “ The gateway to the Arctic”