1,864 results
All reviews afternoon waffles evening meal a harbour view room soup northern lights clarion collection hot dish light dinner included in the price arctic cathedral hot drinks superior room tea and coffee buffet dinner top floor mid afternoon main course
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

The hotel location, cleanliness etc is all good. Rooms not facing the fjord are narrow and dark, when sleeping three in a double room there's barely any space to move. However the worst part is that they are currently advertising a deal including breakfast and dinner and the offer is misleading. Good Friday the dinner consisted of a chicken curry with rice, brown rolls, potato soup (inedible as tasted like a meat stock had been used) and an apricot and walnut salad or cous cous and coleslaw. I am vegetarian and my daughter is 8 and also vegetarian. When I asked if there was anything for a child who didn't eat meat I was told the food is free/complimentary and that's what you get. It wasn't free it was included in my rate and therefore I expected a dinner that me and my daughter could eat. I would not have stayed at the Clarion otherwise as I would have chosen somewhere cheaper and gone out for dinner. I was told by the staff there are plenty of restaurants outside and I would need to eat out. Being Easter most places were shut but we managed to get a pizza and spent an additional £40 for me and my daughter to share a pizza. Very misleading. Breakfast is average and a little odd in parts (crispy onions with fried eggs) and the afternoon waffle mix is not of the usual Norwegian standard. If the food is complimentary and you get what you're given then fine but explain it at the time of booking. It would be normal to offer a meat, fish or vegetarian main course option as a dinner and surely offering a kids option is essential if you are taking bookings from families. Very misleading and the attitude of the staff was just plain rude suggesting that we hadn't paid for it and should just be grateful.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank michebelle
Hjemvoll, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel With, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Dear michebelle

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry our TONIGHT’S SPECIAL did not suite your needs. This meal as well as our Norwegian waffles are complimentary, this is optional for our guests and always contains a vegetarian soup and bread, three different salads and a hot dish of meat or fish. For those who prefer something else our friendly staff would be more than happy to recommend one and they also know witch ones are open during bank holidays.

In case you come back to Tromsø, all our superior rooms do have a sea view and we even do have some bigger rooms with bedsofa.

We are pleased to see our location and cleanliness were appreciated.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

We had been warned about how expensive Norway was so we should not have been surprised. Having a full breakfast included in our stay started our mornings well. They also have a waffle snack in the afternoon (I believe common at many of the hotels in Tromso) and include a small dinner. I have some food allergies so wasn't really able to eat the dinner, but they did make a salad for me one night. The room was great - above the top elevator floor so we had some stairs to climb. Benefit - vaulted ceiling so felt roomier. We also opted for a little larger room with a water/harbor view. It is worth it!
The hotel is cash free so be prepared with your credit card.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear msft1

Thank you so much for your great review.

We are delighted to see you appreciated our complimentary meals - despite that you could not eat everything, as well that the location and the view from your room were appreciated.

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in the hope of seeing the Northern lights. We missed seeing them by 15 mins but the hotel location, view and services helped eade the disappointment. Although the room was small, it adequately allowed us to open bags and move around. The included breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner was a tremendous bonus. Everything was within walking distance from the hotel and the view across the water to the mountains was fabulous. I highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank CarolbradyOf5
Hjemvoll, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel With, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear CarolbradyOf5

Thank you so much for your great review.
We are thrilled to see your feedback and that our location, view and complimentary meals were appreciated.

Sorry you missed the Northern Lights - please come see us (and the northern lights!!) again.

We really appreciate your recommendation.

Yours Truly Inger-Helén Hjemvoll

Reviewed April 1, 2019

I spent a night with my wife and a group of 20 people. A nice hotel near the port of Tromso just 5 meters from waterfront. Room was nice decorated but a bit small. Very helpful and professional personel. Dinner was good but they did not had a big variety of different food. The breakfast was better. Something that surprised me positive, was that during the whole day they offered coffee, tea and small snacks free of charge.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tanos_1981

Dear Tanos_1981

Thank you so much for your nice review,

We are pleased to see you appreciated our free of charge coffee, tea and snacks.

Regarding our evening meal, this is just a complimentary alternative for guests who likes this, we are more than happy to recommend one of the many great restaurants just around the corner :-)

We wish you a great Easter and hope to welcome you back sometime.

Reviewed March 28, 2019

We stayed at the Hotel With for two nights this month and hoped to see the aurora. Our room #403 overlooks the harbor and it was a really great view. We left the curtains open at night so we could keep an eye out for the aurora. This hotel provides free breakfast (very wide selection) AND dinner (one night bbq pork, cole slow, roasted potatoes, salad and more, and the other night sausage with the same or similar sides), as well as waffles in the afternoon. I was very excited about the waffles and imagined they would be like ones I had in Iceland, smallish with a syrup already baked onto them. Alas, the hotel set out batter and a waffle maker and a line soon formed and I opted not to wait in line. It took quite some time so you had to really want it lol. Okay, on to more important things: the bed was comfortable and the room very clean, and the desk clerk printed out my boarding passes for me. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryeee

Dear maryeee

Thank you so much for your great review. We are thrilled to see your feedback and that our view, rooms and complimentary meals as well as our service in the reception were appreciated.

Yours Truly Inger-Helén Hjemvoll