“Fantastic sushi, but some waiting time (it´s worth it though!)”
Review of Ra Sushi & Bar

Ra Sushi & Bar
Ranked #15 of 123 Restaurants in Tromso
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We come here regularly, even though it can quite expensive. The reason why is that the sushi is perfect. The fish is always fresh, the roles, nigiri, sashimi and everything else are simply delicious. Especially the flambéed Salmon sashimi. I love it.
The view is poor, but if you have good company the experience will be just as good. The kitchen is open, so you can see the chefs prepare the sushi. In addition to the sushi Rå Sushi also offers Teriyaki dishes and sushi for kids without raw fish. I have taken my 3 year old niece here, so everyone can have a meal here.

If you are not in the mood for going to a restaurant, Rå Sushi offers take away which include the entire menu, and also the "Take away of the week" which are two pre-set menus that are very tasty, and also a bit cheaper than if you were to order the pieces separate in the restaurant. They do not offer a take away discount.

If you crave good sushi, this is the place to go!

1  Thank JuneNM

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Best sushi in Tromsø without a doubt. I keep going back. I can especially recommend the take away-specials.

1  Thank tmnorway
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had lovely sushi, but in my opinion you should be full after paying 500NOK/65EUR/$90 per person. We had starter and mix of sushi/maki etc., but both of us where joking about going straigt for a burger after the restaurant.

1  Thank Norwegianviking69
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have eaten in this place now and then, first when they had a different locality and also after they moved to Skippergata. I have had many different frustrating experiences with this restaurant. The waiter once couldn`t keep track on who had ordered what, and at the end when we were going to pay she claimed she had got too little money. We had to help her with the matematics to show her that we had paid what should bed paid. No excuses received. Another time when I was going to order takeaway I think I saw at least 4 or 5 persons from the staff but noone seemed to notice me even if I was standing as the only person by the desk waiting to be served. In the end I had to notify them, and then they answered me that the person who was responsible for the takeaway wasn`t there(i.e. he seemed to be behind the kitchen doors or something) Well, I only see that I`m not served when I see 4 or 5 persons there so that is a very strange service.
The rice in the sushi pieces has always been very hard, but the size of the pieces are very good for a woman`s mouth at least because they are somhow a little smaller then many other places, and they have changed parts of the menu now and then, and that is good. The sushi is far too expensive compared to many other places in Norway.

4  Thank Salutaris
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I thought I didn`t like sushi, but that was until I visited Rå for the first time. Good service and excellent food! Very tasty sushi. Recommend hot philly! The staff was friendly and passionate about the food.