“Good, but pricy.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ra Sushi & Bar

Ra Sushi & Bar
Ranked #12 of 110 Restaurants in Tromso
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tromso, Norway
“Good, but pricy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had lovely sushi, but in my opinion you should be full after paying 500NOK/65EUR/$90 per person. We had starter and mix of sushi/maki etc., but both of us where joking about going straigt for a burger after the restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Norwegianviking69

• Korean first
Harstad, Norway
“Too expensive sushi and hard rice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have eaten in this place now and then, first when they had a different locality and also after they moved to Skippergata. I have had many different frustrating experiences with this restaurant. The waiter once couldn`t keep track on who had ordered what, and at the end when we were going to pay she claimed she had got too little money. We had to help her with the matematics to show her that we had paid what should bed paid. No excuses received. Another time when I was going to order takeaway I think I saw at least 4 or 5 persons from the staff but noone seemed to notice me even if I was standing as the only person by the desk waiting to be served. In the end I had to notify them, and then they answered me that the person who was responsible for the takeaway wasn`t there(i.e. he seemed to be behind the kitchen doors or something) Well, I only see that I`m not served when I see 4 or 5 persons there so that is a very strange service.
The rice in the sushi pieces has always been very hard, but the size of the pieces are very good for a woman`s mouth at least because they are somhow a little smaller then many other places, and they have changed parts of the menu now and then, and that is good. The sushi is far too expensive compared to many other places in Norway.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank Salutaris
Tromso, Norway
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I thought I didn`t like sushi, but that was until I visited Rå for the first time. Good service and excellent food! Very tasty sushi. Recommend hot philly! The staff was friendly and passionate about the food.

• Visited October 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Only good in perspective of Tromsø”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Sushi is not exactly reasonably priced with regards to the quality and serving portion. Kudos to unique creations like whale nigiri (which actually taste pretty good), salmon make with strawberry, but most of them merely tasted so-so. The biggest disappointment is the freshness of the seafood. I expect much more from a coastal town and a country famous with salmon. Environment is nice & cosy, some wall pictures of aurora. Service is on the slow side, long wait for sushi and 2 waitress are not sufficient to handle the restaurant and the bar at the same time. Go if you want something different in Tromsø and don't mind paying the price but don't expect fantastic sushi (then again, who goes to Tromsø just for sushi right?) ;)

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank hariister
Tromsø
“Tromsøs best sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

A great sushi place with fantastic sushi. A bit more pricy than the other sushiresturants in town, but it is absolutely worth it!

• Visited September 2010