Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Seafood, Norwegian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food here is absolutely outstanding! We had King Crab to start with, sweet, delicious meat, my mouth is watering just writing about it. I then had Halibut, cooked to perfection, and my husband had the traditional Norwegian creamy fish soup, absolutely delicious! The staff were so unbelievably helpful and friendly and gave full and accurate descriptions of all the dishes we asked about, you MUST go here!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Finally here we have found the Koenigcrabbe, good and expensive.
Very good fish, salads nothing special.
Lunch menu a bit poor.
Good service.
Pratically no parking.
High Norwegian prices.

G & A

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

There were no online reservations left for New Year’s Eve when I tried to book first week of December. However, I emailed the restaurant, and Filip (Service Manager) was able to accommodate our family of 3 for a 17:30 NYE dinner. Not really expecting it, but figured what the heck and I requested a table with a view of the harbor. To my surprise, we were seated at a table overlooking the harbor! The menu is small. For apps, we ordered the king crab, reindeer tartar, and fresh prawns. All were very fresh and delicious. They were out of the only meat option—an ox cheek entree that we would have loved to try, especially our carnivore teen daughter. With some coaxing, she chose the baked halibut, as did my husband, while I chose the panfried cod. My daughter devoured her halibut and then asked to eat half of her dad’s halibut! My cod was perfectly pan fried. My mouth is watering just thinking about it now. I don’t recall much about the accompaniments, so it was probably not particularly remarkable either way. I do recall asking for another batch of the complimentary bread because we three enjoyed them very much, and our server was happy to oblige. We were very happy with the service as well.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2020

We arrived to a warm welcome and great table, window front. Lovely open kitchen with enthusiastic chefs. It started well with a charming waiter taking our drinks order. Then came the misery, asking who took our drinks order, "what is his name, where is he?". She moaned to us how busy she was, are we ready or not "the kitchen is very busy", she couldn't come over because she was rushed off her feet. Our waitress was the only miserable, unhelpful, rude person we met in Norway. The food was good, but marred by the whirlwind of thunder every time she approached. The bill came, our waitress had charged us for a bottle of wine 300 NOK (£30) above the bottle we chose. That sums it up really. Our only negative of our entire trip.
I have since been in contact with the restaurant, who took the comments on board and took the time to respond in a kind and grateful manner.
Would I recommend Fiskekompaniet? No. Would I return to Fiskekompaniet? No. We had dinner at Emmas Under the previous evening and it couldn't have been more delicious, more welcoming or more friendly.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

I was there with my 5 friends. The interior design is very pleasent. Service was kind. Food - nothing special. We can say just OK. Reindeer tartar was delicious but only this one. We think the prices were too high compared to the quality of the food.