“Excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood, Norwegian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went to the restaurant without a reservation. They can be a bit snobbish (very snobbish) about such visits - but this time the received us very warmly and gave us the best seat in the house! We had a wonderful table overlooking the harbor. The meal was perfect start to finish - from the starter of scallops, through the incredible halibut with mussels and the snickers desserts. It was incredible and we are seriously considering going there again next week to do it all over! Recommended! Go, go, go!

There are newer reviews for Fiskekompaniet

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nicely presented food, predominantly seafood. Not cheap, but what is in Norway? Led by the fresh ingredients rather than the skill of the chef. We shared a starter and pudding, and delicious halibut for a main course.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The glowing reviews made me try this. Maybe I just ordered the wrong things. I order the chef 3 course special. Course #1 was crab cakes with some kind of beet like vegetable. Course #2 was monkfish with ????? artichokes (looked like a root to me) and red potatoes in a balsamic and olive oil dressing. Both were okay but for me not something I would order again. Dessert was creme brulee which was just creme brulee like any creme brulee.

There's nothing wrong with any of it except (a) the expectations set by the reviews here and (b) it being 730kr ($120). I don't mind expensive meals they just need to live up to the price.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I rarely order seafood because I'm not very fond of fish and other seafood. But when I'm at a restaurant that specializes in it I go for it.

We ate a 4-course dinner with the greatest fish I ever tasted (breiflabb). And king-crab (if that's what it's called in English), shrimps and shells (blåskjell). The only disappointment for the majority of us was the cheese plate - which was average.

Pricey, but very much worth a visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a restaurant! My fiancee and I were recently treated to a meal here and I could not have been more impressed. We live in London and enjoy going to restaurants and I have to say this place was right up there. We went with the chef's recommended 4 course special. A delicious crab and seafood starter in a lobster consomee followed by halibut steak, a Norwegian blue cheese with berry compote and walnut ice cream and then an inventive pear and dark chocolate dessert. Excellent wine matching provided by the restaurant and stunning views. Worth every penny!