“Amazing food - Fish to die for”
Review of Fiskekompaniet

Fiskekompaniet
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Tromso
Cuisines: Seafood, Norwegian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds
“Amazing food - Fish to die for”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been on this planet now for 60 years and we have visited many countries and restaurants around the world. I can honestly state that the fish (try the Halibut) I sampled was the best I have ever tasted. My wife totally agreed.

My compliments to the chef and the excellent service from the staff.

Hope to return one day.

• Turkish first
Lund, Sweden
“Awesome seafood”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were recommended Fiskekompaniet when visiting Tromsø. We were not let down.

The service was fantastic – the staff was very helpful and gave precise descriptions of the menu, really helping us making our decisions.

And our food was brilliant. We had the big seafood menu, with two starters (a seafood salad and a lobster soup), a seafood platter and a platter of assorted chocolates for dessert.

The seafood salad was really nice. It looked and tasted beautiful. Every part of the dish was really thought out – from the pea mousse and the roe to the yummy lemon mayo.

Our second starter, the lobster soup, was a nice contrast to the first. A deep and rich, creamy soup with a generous helping of lobster meat. Nice.

As for the main attraction, the seafood platter, we had only positives. The shrimps were the best I've ever had. Mussels were tasty and the red king crab fantastic. The half lobster – yum.

When reaching the dessert, I could barely manage to squeeze down the chocolate truffles, brownies and marmalades, but they were all delicate.

What a lovely night. And I haven't even written about the stunning view from the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The restaurant is located by the harbour and delivers such good Scandinavian food. Elegant decoration and helpful staffs. The food was fresh and cooked beautifully and I had probably one of the best desert I've ever had. For the standard of living expenses in Tromso and quality of the restaurant, the price is well worth!

• Visited January 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Lovely flavours of the sea”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We walked in having done no research but because it just looked like our kind of place and luckily it was. The welcome was cheering, staff speak and explain food in terrific English, and the service was excellent. As we know food is Norway is expensive by many travellers but here you will get a great experience. We had a bottle of wine which cost 560NOK but really better to leave some that buy one glass each! That's what we are saying anyway! And you can always drink the delicious free tap water - coming from Sydney where it is clorinated, this is truly delicious. To food, I had the North Sea Oysters which were 40NOK each. Much larger than I had expected they were cold, fresh and truly delicious. Chris my partner had the half lobster entree and he said he'd pass on that in the future. Poor value for money. Overcooked and unmemorable. He followed with Halibut which was good again, but a tad overcooked for his liking but he said it was completely delicious - it came with cooked radishes and other root vegetables that were excellent. I chose - and it seemed a popular restaurant choice - the seafood casserole. It came in a large pot, and it had a delicious sauce with a aoli sitting at one side of the sauce. You could happily swirl it in but I decided not to, but take a sliver every know and again with the very excellent fish stock. In the pot was cod, halibut, prawn, mussels, and other root vegetables. Croutons were at the side. It was good, reminiscent of a bouillabaise, but a different take. Don't expect traditional bouillabaise as you might be disappointed but as a terrific, tasty, warming seafood casserole it was delicious. The meal was accompanied by free bread, and we loved the brown bread and fruit bread which we haven't experienced before. Lovely views, service tax built in. Nice and cheerful staff.

Visited April 2013
Grand Cayman
“Truly excellent seafood”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Visited with some friends based upon Tripadvisor reviews and was very happy with the food. The halibut in particular was out of this world.

The restaurant is centrally located on the waterfront.

Expect to pay around £100 / head for food and wine. Well worth it for quality, fresh seafood cooked perfectly.

• Visited March 2013