Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo
$99
  • Restaurant
Saltstraumen Hotel(Saltstraumen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstop floorbusiness roomasian restaurantnespresso machinerooftop barnice hotelnice viewsame buildingdelightful stafffront officebowling alleyconvenience storelower priceclose to the airportsmall shoprooms are spaciouslocated directly
Reviewed August 8, 2014

What a beautiful city and location! Right by the marina. It's a happening place, but not noisy.

The parking lot (paid for a fee) is at the side of the hotel. Park in front of the door. Unload bags and take thru the entrance to the lobby at the rear. Check in. Move your car clockwise around the block (one way street) to the parking lot, and you're fine.

The staff were friendly and spoke English well. The room was clean. Both of these you expect in Norway, and they deliver.

There is a nice restaurant nearby with enclosure for summer drinking. Kovold's Cafe is down the street. There is also a nice fish restaurant at the entrance to the hotel.

The rooftop bar provided a great view of the city and harbor as well as the midnight sun at the mountain.

We found our stay comfortable and would stay again.

Room Tip: Take a high room with marina view. Hotel was near full so we got a street side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenneth E, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear RandyKasal
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities, service and food during your stay.

We look very much forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and was happy so I returned this summer when I was in Bodø. As before, the staff were all very nice and helpful. It's not everywhere you get that level of service. We also got a room on the ninth floor which gave a nice view of the harbour.

The only negatives I can say is that I found dust in the room and some of the tables in the lounge area were not being wiped clean. Having said that, when we were served drinks at a dirty table, the waitress noticed immediately and came over to clean it. My other annoyance was that the rooftop bar is closed on a Sunday. I don't know why they have to close it on a Sunday. Certainly if that had been my only night in the hotel, I would have been very annoyed. Fortunately I was able to experience the bar on another night. It is well worth a visit as it offers amazing views of the city and surrounding area.

I will most likely stay here again when I am looking for a hotel in Bodø.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear David1776
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and the skybar. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Most of the previous reviews have got this about right in my opinion. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast included
The rooms are tired. The carpet in one of our rooms was really threadbare. The other had a wooden floor, so probably a bit better. I concur with the comments about the rooms being hot and stuffy when the weather is warm. AirCon is obviously a problem here
We had an upgrade to Business Class, but I really don't know what this meant
No tea/coffee making equipment in the room, but there was a machine in reception where you can get a free drink
The price of the hotel was not as expensive as other things compared to the UK. We found eating out, drinks, etc in Norway to be at least double what you'd pay at home. Maybe all the Hotels are a reasonable price here?
Snickers Duo in the UK is about 80p - £1. In the shop attached top the Hotel, almost £3!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Kenneth E, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Phoebe
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. However, we will in the short future commence renovation, and hopefully we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Lovely town to visit and the people are all very friendly that I came across. There are places to eat out but I found it a little difficult finding them. Bodo is a lovely place and well worth a visit. However, the Radisson is the poorest Radisson that I have stayed at before. Cold unwelcoming reception. Baking hot room with no air conditioning (most of the year that's probably fine - but there was a heat wave when I was there) so I couldn't sleep in the rooms. TV signal is very poor so can't see the screen. Gym is very basic and dated and in poor condition. Menu was very limited - though the staff in the restaurant were very nice and most of the dishes in the restaurant also excellent quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Neil67
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Would recommend this hotel to any travellers unless you are a smoker. The bar has no smoking area and you have to walk down 2 flights of stairs and then take the lift down 12 floors to go outside. I do not have time to write 200 characters, so I will just blabber on here for a bit and see how many i can get to?

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank William C

We are sorry for the inconvenience the smoking prohibition may cause, but nevertheless we look forward to your next stay.