Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo
$73
$164
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewstop floorbusiness roomasian restaurantnespresso machinerooftop barnice hotelnice viewsame buildingdelightful stafffront officebowling alleyconvenience storelower priceclose to the airportsmall shoprooms are spaciouslocated directly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I just stayed here for one night for business. And the price shocked me! Almost 1900,- Norwegian kroner (340 dollars) for one night!! It felt like i had payed for a "mercedes car" but got a "bad second hand car". This is really a rip off! You can stay in five star hotels for the same price! I asked the staff at the reception if this price was right, but they weren't willing to discuss this at all. They are not embarrassed about their prices.

The room was claustrophobic with too much furniture - the bed was tiny. The only thing that is good about this hotel is the location, but the other hotels have got good locations as well.

Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisBros
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is not an architectural perl, but its location makes it an attractive choice. Upon arrival, I was offered to "exchange a bed for a view" - they gave me a room with sofa only, claiming I get a fantastic view from up there. I assume this room was a part of the suite. By the time I found out that the view is only from a small corner window (and you are supposed to stare at a huge wall most of the time), I was too tired to go back and change. I crushed on a sofa and hoped for the best. Well, lessons to be learned in life. The cost of the room was 200 USD a night. And the room was also located next to a bar on the top floor and I could hear the noise, before I finally fell asleep. My most expensive camping ever. The hotel needs a bit of renovation, carpets are worn out. But I was offered best meals ever. Lunch was just amazing!!! Very very good food quality for a hotel. They managed to prepare delicious buffee for a conference of about 250 people. Some best cakes unfortunately run out the second day and were not replaced. Otherwise, superb. I would only recommend an even better tea selection, but I could see the idea was there.

Room Tip: You need a bed. Don't go for sofas in the high floor even though you are in the middle of the most beautiful place in the world, worth seeing from above. Then take elevator to the night club on top.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This was a pleasant enough place to stay for a couple of nights. Our room was high up, functionally furnished, with a view out over the town (ie not the harbour) - I would recommend trying to get a harbour view. The staff at reception were on the whole unhelpful, and in one instance, positively misleading.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

WE stayed in Bodo on our way to catch a boat to the Lofoten islands. Staff were pleasant from the moment we arrived. Our room had a double aspect with superb views over the harbour Fiord and mountains and it was great for people watching.
The room had an espresso machine with a selection of coffees. Breakfast was a good buffet and the staff were helpful and friendly

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

WOW - the all round views - the long relaxing breakfasts and the really comfortable rooms are definitely worth a second visit.
Staffwere delightful and the hotle is very quiet.
Bodo is a lovely, lively place and although it was bright wall to wall sunshine at time of visit - I guess even in drizzle it could be fun.

Room Tip: Just ask - receeption will help
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business