“+ and -”

Ranked #2 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Bodo
legnano
“+ and -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

+: a very convenientely hostel located IN the railway station, close to the ferry terminal to Lofoten and just in the heart of the city. We stayed twice, going to and coming from the islands, in the first days of july. We had a three bed room, with shower and restroom just for us. Very quiet. The guy at the reception , a Swedish tattoed boy, a very smart one, reliable. Towels and bedlinen are in the room.
-: The room was spacious and had a lot of light (too much to sleep with the sun in the norwegian nights); does anyone sometimes really broom on the floor?

Room Tip: I made reservation in march but when in Bodø I wasn't really sure it was high time. Don't w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

To be honest, I didn't expect much of our first night in Bodo/Norway. And this is really not fair. We spend one night here and we enjoyed it very much. It was clean and well equipped. Although the room was small it was not a problem at all. The central area (where also the kitchen was) was large and great for a night to read a book or play cards with friends. And know I must say, the next time we would spend a night in Bodo I will spend it here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited this hostel in 2012 and since we were travelling by train we chose this hostel to accomodate us for the night. Bodø vandrerhjem is a great hostel with an amazing location, it is litterally in the same building as the train station! We were greeted by friendly staff that helped us with both the room and train logistics. Our room was clean, modern and with a television plus it had a good view over bodø. To summarize i would definiatly reccomend this hostel if you are going to bodø.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brorrobin
Siemianowice Śląskie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We came to Bodo on March 2013. The price is very good (taking into account prices in Norway). The rooms and hostel in general are clean, dining room and kitchen well equiped. People were really nice. Cannot say anyting bad, to be honest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Turku, Western Finland, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in Bodo because of this nice place to stay. I was only one night, but if I had to stay longer, I'd enjoy to stay in this hostel, I got so many friends only in one night stay in 8pers. room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Umea, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed at this hostel in the summer period, for the third year in a row. Very good location on the top of the railway station, just some minutes to walk to the city center. Free parking outside the railway station - just ask the staff which places to choose. The staff has always been friendly and good in english. Good rooms with own bath, towels, toilet and TV. Perhaps the rooms are a little small, if you need to store big suitcases in them. Breakfast is included in the prize, and is served in the railway restaurant. A nice place to have breakfast, if you like to look at trains and travelling people when you are eating. The hostel has a very good common kitchen and big common room for eating, sitting and talking, or reading. Only disadvantage: you can not check in during night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erla841
Ballston Lake, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I don't stay at hostels... enjoy my privacy when traveling... and this helped remind me of that. I was forced into a strange travel situation where my train arrived at 5pm, and I was catching the Hurtigruten at 3am. Plus the temperature was hoovering around freezing, with a rainy-slush storm outside. So... I needed a place to keep my luggage, stay warm, and kill some time. That being said... the hostel was exceptionally clean, and the front desk staff were friendly! It's super convenient to the train station, thus being IN it! And its only a block from the Hurtigruten dock. A 5 minute walk gets you to the main shops in downtown... so the location is wonderful. There seemed to be a strange mix of eight guests in the room that I was staying in... which made the experience kind of "odd". So feel free to take my review with a grain of salt. If I was actually staying for any length of time (or if I return), I would've chosen one of the single rooms (if available).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo