“Bad customer service”

Scandic Victoria Lillehammer
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lillehammer
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We just checked in. Unlike our hotels in voss and Laerdal where everyone from reception to kitchen were gracious and helpful, in this hotel they are lazy to even care for customers. They are just adamant that since it's a sunday tomorrow they take it slow even at the expense of paying clients!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maan

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband & I came for 3 nights to Lilliehammer to visit an old friend, we chose the Rica Victoria Hotel after reading reports on Tripadvisor.
This hotel is situated smack bang centre of this very small town, it is close to Train station, shops & restaurants, everything is within easy walking distance.
The hotel is very welcoming, staff are friendly, it's warm, and easy to get around, our bed was beautiful & clean & we chose our own pillows which was really nice, we had breakfast every morning of which there was a wide variety and lots of choice, food was always nice, restaurant was spacious with large windows so we could eat snugly and warm inside watching the beautiful snow fall outside.
We will return to this hotel without hesitation.
Thank you very much Trip advisor for guiding us to this hotel and thank you Rica Victoria for our lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ladyjmacbeth
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I understand why the hotel gets a range of reviews but in my experience the location is excellent with free parking and the largest choice for breakfast you will see almost anywhere. I had a nice room on the front which was very modern and spacious. My friends room however, was smaller, a little dated and nowhere near as nice as mine...hence some of the negative reviews I think of the rooms. Staff very helpful and friendly...

Room Tip: Get a room on the front of the hotel if possible
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We visited in mid December for a couple of days of Nordic snow based fun and found the hotel to be in a good central position for the town, bars and restaurants as well as the activities we accessed by coach. The breakfast room was open and spacious and the hotel even bought two new toasters and modified the breakfast menu to support the choice of the group. The bedrooms were at the slightly better level of what one expects in a ski resort. The bar in the hotel stayed open as was needed by the group - although it is undoubtedly true to say that the prices were unexpectedly high. The staff were also generally helpful. It is a little strange for door to open outwards onto the corridors, but this is just unusual for the British and made no difference.

Room Tip: Try for anything above a standard room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from16th to 18th December. Excellent location near the main shopping area and close to the railway station, a 5 minute walk as taxis are expensive here.
Good size rooms although a little dated with a bathroom heater which looked as though it was a museum piece! Oddly the room doors open outwards into the corridor so you have to be careful not to hit anyone walking along the corridor with your door. Good breakfast with a good choice and very good waiter/waitress service. Staff were exceptionally friendly and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brufsters
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night, rooms were very spacious and the beds were separated not together like most other hotels I had been in. The rooms had everything we needed, luckily there was a big tourist group in so they were having dinner that evening - normally not on a Sunday. Had a buffet dinner which was reasonably priced and the next morning the breakfast was fantastic - everything I could have wished for and more (the best for the whole trip)! Right in the heart of town, close to the railway station - about 100 metres away. The staff were cordial, the rooms neat and tidy and maintenance/ repairs were readily addressed - noted by a guy coming to fix something in my room that I hadn't even asked for to be fixed! The atmosphere of the hotel was very nice and the foyer spacious.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently stayed here for a week when in town for work at the hospital, and while it was ok during the week, I was not impressed with the weekend nights. After finishing a long shift on Friday, I came back to a big party on my floor. I used to love the dorm parties as a student, and this was exactly the same, except that the people were grown up men, and I was there for work and could't escape. I asked for another room, but the front desk did a "computer says no" and told me the hotel was fully booked. The pre party went on for a couple hours, and at 3am, the boys came back and the afterparty started. I called the front desk twice, still it took until 5am until it got more quiet.

The rooms are dated and it takes a few minutes before there is hot water in the shower in the mornings.

On the flip side, the breakfast is excellent, and the waiters are superb. I was also impressed by how well they put up with the party people that kept asking for beer instead of coffee during breakfast.

To sum up, this hotel was ok during the week, but would not consider it if coming back on a weekend (unless looking to sing, dance and party all night long!)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business