“Fantastic Schnitzel. Local, cozy atmosphere.”
Review of Wiener

Wiener
Ranked #49 of 4,343 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neubau
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Had a last minute reservation as a tip from a friend to go here. 6 adults and 3 young children with 3 prams. They accommodated us although naturally we had to eat early and as seems typical of Austrian restaurants which are busy, our reservation had an end time as well as the start time.

The appearance is of a local Austrian pub / restaurant but done up nicely, with classic Viennese shaped wood chairs. The owner and the staff both spoke English and were very helpful and pleasant throughout the whole evening, assisting us with chasing thrown toys on the floor and the like. The service therefore had a bit more of a personal touch than we experienced at other locations - this was the owner's restaurant, he was there, he cared, and he was really attentive.

The Schnitzel itself I have to say was slightly better than at Plachutta zur Opern where we went the night before - also for Schnitzel - but only marginally. It was however pretty much the same price - around €19 seems to be the going rate for a top Veal Wiener Schnitzel.

Unfortunately didn't have either an appetiser or a desert - I think I was still full from the night before's Schnitzel! - but the Schnitzel was very good and I would definitely come back again.

2  Thank PonderousDragon

Reviewed December 15, 2011

My sister held her wedding reception here, and they magicked up, for her two vegan guests, a dish of roasted vegetables and smoked tofu that was utterly memorable.

Great staff, terrific atmosphere, superb decor. A favourite

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We went to this restaurant based on some of the reviews on this site. I don't know if the chef had a bad evening, but our food was just poor to average at best. The service was fair, and the food was bland and tasteless. For Vienna and the quality, we felt that the meals were overpriced.
Frankly, we were disappointed, and left somewhat unsatisfied with the quality and presentation of our food.

4  Thank HDTraveller
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Wiener, the food was extremely delicious, the service was fantastic, all the plates looked beautiful.

My wife enjoyed a traditional Vienna meal, which was a Kaiser favourite called "Tafelspitz". It was juicy, tender and she is still raving about
it today. I enjoyed a more modern dish called "surf and turf" comprising of a thick steak on a bed of salad with large prawns. It was also cooked to perfection and my tummy agreed!

1  Thank MichaelA1974
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We made a last minute reservation through our hotel for this spot. It was very quiet when we went - as we are early diners. The food was terrific. The schnitzel - some of the best we had. Delightful salad too. The single malt scotch collection was very thin - but we'll forgive them that.

1  Thank HDMM