“Excellent, excellent, excellent!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic. I was so impressed by everything. Yes! Go to this place and enjoy!! Amazing. People were ridiculously efficient, beer was so pure. The shandy was my favorite. Soooo good.

There are newer reviews for 1516 Brewing Company

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on our first full day in Vienna. What a find! Staff were helpful and friendly, plus a good selection of home brewed beers. The weissbier was a particular favourite, but the lager beer was good too. Food came out quickly and was perfectly acceptable as a lunchtime stop. I had a burger, but had food envy when I saw the ribs being devoured by the people on the table opppsite us - they looked excellent! Sit outside if there's space - we found the canopies a really useful shelter from the torrential rain storm.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

1516 is one of my regular haunts in Vienna. It is a funky micro-brewery that brews its own beer directly on the premises. I believe if you agree in advance then you can get a tour around the brewery section. It has a very nice beer garden outside, where you can sample their tasty & reasonably priced pub grub. Garden closes at 11, but you can then move inside until 2am on weekdays & 4am on weekends. Inside can get pretty packed, but the crowd is always friendly, as are the attentive staff, and the atmosphere great. When friends visit me in Vienna, they most often declare 1516 to be the favourite place they tried here.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Had three nights in Vienna. Went here on first night for beer and dinner. Second night stopped in for a beer but went somewhere else for dinner but regretted it. Went back third night and had a great time. Fantastic beer and food really good. Great service and very friendly, a must for any westerners. Great balance between local while still being polite and enjoyable.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I can't understand one of the recent reviewers that gave this bar a poor rating. During our stay in Vienna my wife and I ate here twice, and had drinks here on a number of other occasions and each time the staff were friendly and attentive.
The beer was some of the best I've had anywhere in Europe, and whilst the food could best be described as good pub grub it was very nice.