“Great beer and food.”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great beer brewed on site, a wide range of styles available, large covered outdoor area, food is excellent, when we ate there they had specially made paprika sausages on the menu, their coleslaw is fantastic, went down really well with a beer or four. This place gets very busy after work so if locals eat and drink here it must be good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I visited this place with some friends tonight. The downstairs seemed to be for drinking and smoking, and was pretty packed. We went upstairs to find a place to sit.

The waitresses seemed nice, but busy. Our friends slowly arrived all at different times and the waitresses were patient.

They didn't have sturm (a common autumn wine in the region), so I was a bit bummed but took a local white wine instead, which turned out to be very nice.

I ordered just a potato wedge appetizer to share with my friend, with a blue cheese dip as well as a garlic dip. It was very good, and my other friends' food looked good too.

The restaurant seems to cater to english speakers, so probably foreigners/tourists. I liked the place, but didn't feel like it was very Viennese. If I lived in the city, I would return for sure. If I were looking to get a feeling of the city while traveling, though, I would not.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We found this place by accident and man are we glad we did! The beers were yummy and so was the food- we ordered a few Goulash's while we were in Vienna and this was definately the best cooked one. Gutted that they had run out of the beer schnaaps as it sounded interesting. Service could have been a bit friendlier but it was not rude or slow.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Peopel here like lagers and pilsners so getting a good dark beer of any kind or an ale- you know something with flavor!- has been a bit trying. The 1516 Brewing Company has probably the BEST beer I have ever had - its a specialty beer brewed using whole leaf hops and old wisky barrels, its a dark beer and If I recall it is an imperial stout or something?( not sure what it was called two weeks later)- but I could drink that stuff forever it was so incredibly good. And they also have the victory IPA, but they brew it themselves- I am telling you, we have lots of Victory IPA at home thats brewed from the real company in the states, but the 1516 version is far better. it was excellent! And teh food was really good too ad the service was great.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the outside the placed looked nice, so we we decided to have a lunch here. We sat down at the terrace (sat there for about 5 minutes), but none of the waiters came out. TO tell the truth, it was not a very sunny day, so we diced to get in. The downstairs room is for smokers, so we went upstairs. I have to say the waiters not even looked at us, however we met with three of them. So, we took place upstairs, sat there for 15 minutes (!), and waited for a waiter to come. It did not happened. After 20 minutes waiting for a waiter to show up, we decided to leave. There were other guests as well upstairs, who were not served. Maybe the waiters were too tired to walk 10 stairs, I don't know.
Maybe the food and the beer is good, but because of the uninterested staff we did not have the possibility to try it out. If you would like to be served, be a smoker and sit downstairs, or choose another place!

1  Thank Attila_Balas