“Excellent choice in Vienna - short or long break...Business or leasure...”

MyPlace Premium Apartments - City Centre
Ranked #133 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Sussex
“Excellent choice in Vienna - short or long break...Business or leasure...”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I have stayed number of times and always been perfect home from home. Clean, discreet, quiet and bang in the centre of town. Perfect lounge too that can be used for your business meeting. Nothing to complain about. Book it. Excellent choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sedat_MyPlace, Leiter Gästebetreuung at MyPlace Premium Apartments - City Centre, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments and appreciation. We are very grateful for it.
Thank you also for your trust in our hotel over the years and being a returning guest!

We look forward to welcoming you soon again at the beautiful MyPlace in Vienna.

MyPlace Hotel & Residence
Sedat Karabudak
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We arranged to go to the x-mas markets in vienna for a few days and thought that here would be a perfect place to stay but now we wish we had listened to all the bad reviews here because they are 100% accurate. Everything was TERRIBLE and if you want a relaxing quite break then i'd suggest booking a nice hotel.

I can not pick out one postivie on this premises.

It should not have 5* more like 2* and thats being nice,

Save yourself the hassle and just stay away from here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RachKilmurr
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We got married in Vienna and stayed at this apartment for the week. The staff were incredibly helpful, the apartment was gorgeous, beautiful big bathroom, walkin wardrobe, well equipped kitchen.

We didn't experience any of the problems listed below. The staff organised all of our transport, dry cleaning, spa visits.

This is not a hotel so you won't find a restaurant or room service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Sussex
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I have stayed in this place for a week. It is a serviced apartment and not a hotel - it is a home from home and if you dont get the concept, then dont slag it off. If you want the full serviced hotel, then book The Ring etc. I appreciate the facilities, the location, the accomodation and no hesitation in recommending the place as a serviced appartment.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Austria
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The hotel treats customers horribly and is ill-managed. That's not a cheap place, but the service at 2 star hotels is typically better.

For example, they had a coffee machine, but no capsules (and the reception suggested US to take a 15 minutes taxi to the shop where they are sold).

Fake fire alarms have been occurring,

One day some construction worker went in to do some drilling repairments in our room when we were in and without asking us (!!!!!!), and refused to leave when we asked him (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
We called the manager, he said he was sorry, but never meant it.
So we left the place straightaway for another hotel.

After that they have been cheeky enough to send an additional non-agreed bill for another couple of hundred Euros for "cleaning" and "late check out".

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank anna_austrian
Los Gatos California
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Don’t book MyPlace when you have trouble walking stairs five floors up – incl. carrying your luggage. I had booked online and when I arrived (tired) from Shanghai and saw the single car elevator mounted outside the building, I was asking for its reliability because I had trouble walking being just weeks away from hip-replacement surgery. The manager was honest and confirmed that “reliability was an issue”. Sure enough, the elevator was defect when I came to MyPlace after work and when I returned 2 hours later from a dinner close by, the elevator still didn’t work. The repairman also didn’t have any idea how much time he still would need. So I had to pull myself up five flights of stairs also lifting my luggage along the way from step to step. When I reached my room, I had to take painkillers and still stayed awake half the night. Next morning I checked out, because I didn’t want to go through the same ordeal once more. Many friendly letters requesting a least a partial refund were rejected based upon “you prepaid and this is it” – despite the fact that they didn’t deliver the performance I paid for. As suing MyPlace in a foreign country would be a waste of energy, I hope that this post will help others to avoid the same kind of “hospitality”.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank LosGatian1
Europe
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We booked our trip via Bookings but were informed some time later that the Penthouse we booked (and had confirmed) was not available. For the same price and a bottle of bubbling wine we accepted the diplomat suit (what else to do if you are about to depart?). The apartment is fine but the service of the male concierge just terrible. Just call it no service but a “I do not care and find your own way attitude”. We were shocked about so much ignorance. Our advice: find a nice hotel for this price!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business