“Service with a smile”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: I am pleased to present to you novelties from the American kitchen in my restaurant FRANK'S, which you won't find anywhere else in Vienna. Of course, burgers and spare ribs from this cuisine are here to stay, but the surprising thing for many people is that there is a health-conscious American kitchen alongside it that uses only the freshest ingredients for its dishes. This high-quality American cuisine has its roots in the Italian kitchen, which found its way into America with the immigration of many Italians. Pasta, pizza, and steak are firmly joined together by history. With my team, I have made it my goal to bring you a little closer to this straightforward "American way of life." I also make it my goal to serve the freshest ingredients, which are prepared à la minute with few exceptions for each guest in a friendly - but down-to-earth - manner in a unique restaurant atmosphere. I hope you enjoy your trip to America and come back again and again as our regular guest. Yours, Klaus Piber
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excellent restaurant just around the corner from the hotel my sister and I stayed in, fell into the restaurant on our first night, tired and hungry and tried the burgers, hand made, well cooked and served with the best onion rings I've had!
Liked the look of the other diners food so much we went back again on a very busy night but waited for a table a while and sampled the fillet steak, cooked to perfection and all very reasonably priced.
Restaurant seemed popular with locals and larger parties so obviously a good spot to escape the tourist traps. Dont be put off by the 'American' reference in the title as the restaurant is purely a great place for good steaks and burgers, with great staff and a warm welcome.

There are newer reviews for FRANK'S American Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are tired of Austrian/German fare, this place serves steaks and burgers(several cuts above fast food) as well as pasta and soups. Friendly, fast service- try it if you are at Schwedenplatz.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

After failing massively with steakhouses in Vienna i was positively surprised to find this place where they manage to make steaks that are almost as good as my favourite place - goodman in london - without having josper oven - the key is that they finish the meat in their pizza oven to give charcoal flavour and make the outer layer crispy while keeping the meat medium or however you like.

I would be reluctant to try other steakhouses in this city, can 100% recommend it even if you got used to goodman/hawksmoor quality in london.

Pros:
- The dry aged prime rib fried medium is awesome and 700g is a proper sized cut
- the sides and sauces are of very high quality
- prices are very low, you have to struggle to go above 150eur/person
- service is good, attentive

Cons:
- the waiter pretended that he understood/spoke english but in reality it would have been easier for me to struggle with german

A minor note which has ntg to do with the place itself was that the number of sugar daddies with foreigner golddiggers was noticeable in the clientele.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I like their hamburgers. They ask how you would like it done, and manage to carry it out. Noting weird in that department. Just don't order "apple pie". It was some kind of baked apple on a biscuit. We had a good chuckle, so at least there was some value in that.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly, good food and efficient. We had carpaccio, burger and pasta. Very well presented and fair prices.