“Had to wait 1.5 hour for the order!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Yellow
Ranked #1,260 of 4,071 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Turkey
“Had to wait 1.5 hour for the order!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

be aware of the waiting time for your meal. we had to wait almost 1.5 hours. Good we ordered some startes. I found it quite expensive. The sour and sweet chicken I ordered was not tasty at all.

Visited January 2012

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
“DELICIOUS asian fusion, nice modern environment - friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant about 5 times in the last few months as I've been living in Vienna... and very close to Yellow!

I love it there... its intimate, but modern. and when it was warmer it was possible to eat outside which was lovely too!

Very nice interior... i haven't been in the bar it looks great too!

the staff are VERY helpful and friendly and I enjoy my visits there very much. I recommend it to everyone that has come to visit me here

They have lots of different types of asian food - thai, chinese, japanese thai - so its sort of an asian fusion kind of place

I highly recommend ALL the soups (there are 3 on th emenu at present)

the sushi was great, the curries are great and the salmon was lovely too !!!

cannot fault it! very reasonable prices too

• Visited November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“Best asian meal from our europe trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We realized this restaurant was highly rated in tripadvisor and was very close to the hotel we were staying using the tripadvisor app. By the second week from our trip, we were craving for some good asian food (yes, we're chinese)! The restaurant decor was hip and modern and when you look down the restaurant, it looks like it goes on forever but it was the effect of good mirror placement. My fiance had a prawn main dish and I had a yellow curry dish with mango and both dishes were absolutely delicious!! The curry was so fragrant and flavorful, it's almost as close to the best thai curry I had in Thailand. The dishes made are very authentic to its roots and I would highly recommend this restaurant. The services were attentive yet not too intrusive and I found the prices very reasonable compared to other restaurants in vienna. That meal totally satisfied our asian meal craving =) And yes, I agree with the other's comment that the waitress can speak very good english.

• Visited October 2011
Bucharest, Romania
“Modern and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

The restaurant is conveniently located, close to the Westbahnhof. It doesn't stand out in any way, so we were lucky to find out a few things about it from TripAdvisor.

Let's start with the service: the waitress was extremely polite, always smiling and making sure everything is OK. The food arrived in less than 20 minutes (maybe it's because the place wasn't really crowded around 1pm). One big plus for this restaurant is that their English was really good compared to other places in Vienna.

The food was absolutely delicious. We got a Sweet & Sour Lychee Chicken and a Green Curry Spicy Chicken (the name might not be exact) and an Almond Jelly for dessert. Apart from the fact that it was fabulous, the Green Curry Spicy Chicken is REALLY spicy. Make sure you have some water or tea close.

Prices are comparable to other Viennese restaurant, so nothing special to state here. The atmosphere was also typical of a modern restaurant, with some chillout music in the background.

Do try this wonderful restaurant if you're into Asian cuisine.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LucianDaia
Sydney, Australia
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

I ate here with friends last December and it was delicious. I'm used to eating copious amounts of Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese food at home, so this place was a great find. If you like Asian, it's a must. The prices were reasonable too.