“good food”

Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Mitten in der Wiener Innenstadt findet man in dem Le Salgries Paris ein Stück der Seine Metropole mit vorzüglicher französischer Küche, die von Gault Millau mit einer Haube ausgezeichnet wurde. Hier kommen ausschließlich frischeste Zutaten auf die Teller und werden zusammen mit einer großen Auswahl an französischen Weinen und Champagnern in einer charmanten Atmosphäre gereicht.
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We had business lunch tour 2. Pricing for 1 main course and one desert aprox 30 EUR.
I had entrecote with french fries. Desert was some chocolate pie.
Very welcoming staff - good red wines.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

we had a 3 course lunch menu, valued at approx. 35 EUR per person. You get to choose your dishes from normal menu. On the normal menu the starters are around 10 EUR, the mains around 20 EUR and the desserts around 8 EUR, so the lunch option is a good value.

For starter we had the snails and the special of the day which was a crab in jelly with sour cream and both were absolutely delicious. As main we had the entrecote and duck breast - both were very nice, but not extraordinary. As dessert we had small (three) selection of cheeses and delicious chocolate fondant. Overall great experience even though the service was a bit slow.

they also offer surprise dinner menu of 3 or 5 courses which is around 35 EUR and 60 EUR respectively. We would like to come back and give it a try.

Overall, very nice experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

We enjoyed our dinner very much and hope to be back in Vienna soon to go back for another super meal.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We ate here about two weeks ago and had a fine experience. We sat out on the patio on a warm night and the atmosphere was quite pleasant.

I greatly enjoyed my appetizer on the prix fixe, escargots in butter and garlic as well as the entree, sea bass served with local asparagus. My husband also loved his dishes.

My only problem- I believe I may have left two shopping bags on the patio that evening and although I sent an email to inquire, there has been no reply. Perhaps the email address on their website is not functioning.

Everything was quite authentic- in fact, this restaurant's quality exceeds some bistros in Paris. If you feel like deviating from the typical Austrian meal, please give this a try!

1  Thank hopegoodeNyc
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I was there last weak and I loved the place!
It is a nice charming little restaurant with great service and excellent food.
I like it because it is a bit casual (no tablecloths). The atmosphere is like relaxed fine dining, so you can eat really good food without worrying about what you are wearing. Food is really good but on the simple side: like my mother would have made it in France! Service was professional and attentive and the taste was spot on. Exactly was I am looking for in a restaurant. All the dishes on the menu are typically French, as you would find in France (trust me I am French!). I asked the waiter for a nice light red wine and what I got was precisely was I was looking for! And price was even on the cheap side! Perfect!
Me and my wife had a wonderful time there! Too sad we found that restaurant on our last night otherwise we would have gone back almost everyday, lunch and dinner!
Try it and you ll see!
Finding good French food can be a challenge in Vienna. Do not look any more, there it is: Le Salzgries!