“A taste of Paris in Vienna”
Review of Le Salzgries

Le Salzgries
Ranked #547 of 4,450 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Mitten in der Wiener Innenstadt findet man in dem Le Salgries Paris ein Stück der Seine Metropole mit vorzüglicher französischer Küche, die von Gault Millau mit einer Haube ausgezeichnet wurde. Hier kommen ausschließlich frischeste Zutaten auf die Teller und werden zusammen mit einer großen Auswahl an französischen Weinen und Champagnern in einer charmanten Atmosphäre gereicht.
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We ate here about two weeks ago and had a fine experience. We sat out on the patio on a warm night and the atmosphere was quite pleasant.

I greatly enjoyed my appetizer on the prix fixe, escargots in butter and garlic as well as the entree, sea bass served with local asparagus. My husband also loved his dishes.

My only problem- I believe I may have left two shopping bags on the patio that evening and although I sent an email to inquire, there has been no reply. Perhaps the email address on their website is not functioning.

Everything was quite authentic- in fact, this restaurant's quality exceeds some bistros in Paris. If you feel like deviating from the typical Austrian meal, please give this a try!

1  Thank hopegoodeNyc

Reviewed November 14, 2010

I was there last weak and I loved the place!
It is a nice charming little restaurant with great service and excellent food.
I like it because it is a bit casual (no tablecloths). The atmosphere is like relaxed fine dining, so you can eat really good food without worrying about what you are wearing. Food is really good but on the simple side: like my mother would have made it in France! Service was professional and attentive and the taste was spot on. Exactly was I am looking for in a restaurant. All the dishes on the menu are typically French, as you would find in France (trust me I am French!). I asked the waiter for a nice light red wine and what I got was precisely was I was looking for! And price was even on the cheap side! Perfect!
Me and my wife had a wonderful time there! Too sad we found that restaurant on our last night otherwise we would have gone back almost everyday, lunch and dinner!
Try it and you ll see!
Finding good French food can be a challenge in Vienna. Do not look any more, there it is: Le Salzgries!
Enjoy!

Reviewed September 17, 2010

This is an incredibly expensive restaurant. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with a real French Brasserie. Every plate is extremely overpriced, specially if you compare with the quality that you receive (in the best case, average). However, what could have been just another bad experience with a restaurant that you believe is going to be good and turns out just to be expensive, became special due to the lobster risotto!!!
This is one of the most expensive dishes in the menu and we thought it was going to be something special. It was indeed special: Specially bad!!, actually disgusting. It has nothing to do with a risotto if you have tried it in a good place (either in Italy or somewhere else). But it not only that, it is really bad! They destroyed the flavor of the lobster, which you cannot recognize anymore.
In summary, the quality of this place is very low compared with the extremely high prices.

1  Thank sqbsapod
Reviewed August 21, 2009

outstanding french food in the center of the city, fresh seafood (oysters, lobster etc..)
charming brasserie with nice waiters

1  Thank alexgVienna
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Place to go if you want good food and wine in the 1st district. Pricey, but that has a positive side -- usually it's easy to get a table. Best steak tartare and pommes frites in Vienna. Unfortunately not open for lunch, forcing businessmen in the vicinity to go to overrated and vastly overpriced Fabios.