“Not bad”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wieden
Reviewed May 24, 2012

"Don't expect them to be friendly", said the girl at our hostel, but this was anything but true. Both servers, one male, one female, were extra courteous to us. While the prices were a little high for the portion sizes, it was a very nice experience, and it was the only non-Chinese or Naschmarkt option in four blocks!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went there friday evening (should book ahead) and the place was lovely! there were no english menus but the staff was helpfull and helped us figure it out. we orderd one starter for the three of us, three main courses and drank wine. the food was very good and the price- aprox. 20 euro per person- was very reasonable compared to what we recived.
would definetly return!

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Schreckliches Lokal? International crowd? According to previous TripAdvisor reviews, who can say?

I, however, can say that I had a great time at this cozy, friendly and, yes, apparently terribly local restaurant. And, as an American, I may have helped internationalize the crowd somewhat.

I stumbled on the place after a visit to the nearby Third Man Museum. I had been planning to visit one of the better-known spots [both of which I would visit on other evenings] in Vienna's historic center. Amacord proved a real find, though I never did find out why a Viennese restaurant specializing in local dishes had an Italian name. [I satisfied myself with the thought that Austria borders on Italy. Or maybe the owner liked Fellini's movies.]

Yes, it was crowded, and I had no reservation. This meant sitting at the bar long enough to enjoy a beer —which produced no ill effects in combination with the wine I would have with my meal.

The service was great. Sehr gemutlich, if you can use those words to describe service.

The food was fine. The waitstaff spoke excellent English, prepared a simple salad that wasn't on the menu and helped me order a delicious goulash —the first of two I would have during my four-night stay and clearly the better of the two— made with local sausage and advised me on the best way to enjoy it "like an Austrian farmer." The wines [including some produced in the immediate area] were delicious, and I was tempted to have dessert by a term that inspired no recognition, "kipferlschmarren mit beerenrȍster" —bread pudding with a kind of berry coulis.

Overall I felt like an honored guest in the hands of experts with just the right touch. For a taste of Vienna, I don't think you can really do better at any price.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

Since I am living in Vienna I know the Armacord very well. It is a nice place with good food for a relatively low price. Situated at the famous Naschmarkt in the 4th district it is one of the nicest places in this area. Although the service is sometimes just a tiny bit unfriendly this is also common for Vienna.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Located at Naschmarkt, good food and drinks, international crowd, often crammed.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook