“Best sushi in Vienna”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Wieden
Reviewed April 12, 2012

In this small kiosk you will never find a free space - whenever you come is always full of people. But when you try their sushi you will understand the reason why. Kojiro made me addicted to sushi, whilst before I considered myself as a "meat-man". So if you decide to follow the advice and go there then you must take their "Kojiro-spezial" - is an assortment of different type of sushi.
Believe me - it will become a place where you occasionally find yourself everytime when you want to enjoy seafood.

3  Thank Zhenya82

Reviewed November 29, 2011

And I am not a novice in sushi hunting. Haven't yet been to Japan but have tried lots of sushi places in Canada, USA and Europe. Kojiro bar has the best sushi quality. The fish is so fresh, the rice dissolves in your mouth, and the whole sushi assembly does not fell apart when you take it with chopsticks and flip it over to dip in soy sauce, touching it with fish, not with rice. However, the place is pretty small, good for 7-8 patrons. They say, the capacity of one sushi chef is only enough to feed that much clients at a time. Because sushi are supposed to keep warmth of chef's bare hands, his hospitality and best attitude to his guests. One Japanese diplomat stated that regarding the taste of sushi, the place like Kojiro ia unique in Europe, and there are couple of places like that in California, and really few even in Japan.

3  Thank SergeBor
Reviewed November 11, 2010

…wait for the grand finale and that is when the firs taste strikes you.
I admit when I first saw the joint I was kind of disappointed, but knowing my friends expertise in oriental food I knew there won’t be any unpleasant surprises.
When it comes to the taste of food the place could compete with best London's sushi places. Surprisingly Vienna seems to be leading European city in field of sushi places…enourmus number.

Go go Kojiro

5  Thank ZGtomcat
Reviewed September 28, 2010

After months of looking forward to trying this place, I had the opportunity today on a business trip to Vienna. I am terribly torn about this review and the reason is quite simple:

- The fish was A+++++++++. Some of the freshest sushi I have ever had. Just wonderful.

- The rice was...inedible. Mushy, creamy, pasty...

I ordered nigiris and makis so the fact that the rice was so terrible (I am really not picky about rice but this was awful) spoiled an otherwise excellent meal.

The service was super friendly, the place is cute, the miso soup was great...too bad about the rice.

Recommendation: get sashimi and you'll be just fine. I should have done that.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

Really good sushi at very good price. The one in Naschmarkt is more a stand than a restaurant, but they have open a new place with tables to sit down and even a small outside area, with more dishes. My favorite choices are the Kojiro Special, and in the new bar, the Regenbogen Maki (Rainbow Maki), which is absolutely superb!

1  Thank Hendrix_Vienna