“Excellent food, wonderful presentation”
Review of Planter's Club

Planter's Club
Ranked #437 of 4,551 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the restaurant on a saturday evening without reservation and it was full. We came back next day and we had to wait for 15 minutes until 17:00 to be opened. The soupe was deliciously rich. The entree was elegantly placed in three decks if plates, with mouth watering appetizers. The Tbone steak was the best i ever had consisting of 500g of delicious well coocked meat with a combination of side dishes. Simply delicious. I just wished i had some more place to taste the desert.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This bar has a well polished feel, the waiters are very friendly and help choose fantastic cocktails based on your tastes. I visited this bar with my girlfriend who also enjoyed the experience. This bar is linked to the restaurant next door (the livingstone) which is also extremely good where the bar snacks are prepared these are expensive but don't be fooled these are well worth the money not only are they very big portions they also taste great not what you expect from a bar snack.

The inside of the bar is very special with literally hundreds of different spirits on display around the bar on the ground floor and up on display around the the building on a mezzanine thats purpose looks like it's just to store the extra bottles.

There are various colonial displays around the bar that make in interesting just to have a look around while you're having a drink just makes the whole thing an enjoyable experience.

The staff are very helpful and even remembered our tastes on cocktails when we came back a few days later.

All in all thoroughly recommend this place.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem when on holiday with five of my mates. We had spent a few days in Munich prior to Vienna and were bored of beer so wanted to check out this cocktail bar. As soon as we walked in we knew we were on to a winner. We were lucky enough to get a table in the main room and had a friendly waitress bringing our drinks to us all night. The drinks were fantastic. We were there for hours and not one of us had a bad cocktail. The atmosphere was fantastic too, it was like travelling back in time to the 20's.

I loved this bar, I would travel back to Vienna just to visit it again.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

If you're a whiskey or cognac enthusiast, this is the place to be! With its interior decoration and lighting reminding of colonial British era, this place serves over 300 types of scotch, from very reasonable to painfully expensive. I've tried a Lagavulin 16 years old and Balvenie 15 years old single barrel while my girlfriend had a Bahama Mama and a Mai Tai cocktail. Both my drinks were properly served and tasted as expected. Music and ambiance is so great that I suggest you to take a few cigars (or cigarillos whatever your choice is) to enjoy this brilliant place at its best.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Decorated in a missionary style, reviving memories of the 19th century. It offers a huge selections of whiskeys, placed on the dusty upper floor. The service is flawless on every aspect. The whiskey list is dreamlike. It is the ideal place for relaxing and drinking - keep an eye on your ordering as you can easily raise the bill astronomically. Choose to visit Planters club on weekdays. On Saturday there is a live jazz band, however the atmosphere does not get as warm as it could get, due to the slow service and the numerous breaks of the band.