“If you are looking for a steak in Vienna--it's here.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Inner City
Alexandria, VA
“If you are looking for a steak in Vienna--it's here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Sunday night in February can be slow and desolate but we were relieved to find the Porterhouse. There was only one other table occupied so we were concerned about the quality of the food but was very pleased with our aged beef steaks. We had a wonderful meal.

Visited February 2012

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Lovely friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

We took a chance on this place and managed to get in without a reservation just after 7pm but others were turned away as the night progressed so it is obviously popular. I hadn't read any TA reviews so I was pleasantly surprised with what we found. I started win a prawn cocktail which wasn't too bad. A little too much sauce for my liking and cognac which fell to the bottom and was quite strong. My husband had he tomato soup which he thought very delicious ... Extremely tomatoey and rich. For the main I had a Lady steak which was a grilled turkey breast with mixed salad and garlic bread. It was well cooked and whilst not exciting, it was very tasty. My husband had the Portertoast which was a schnitzel, mixed salad and a steak on toast. All cooked very well, good proportions and tasty. Nothing wrong with this place at all and compliments to the very friendly staff.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I really don't like rude, patronizing and short memory waiters!! The food was mediocre and the portions very small!!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Dandana11
vancouver
“Really terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

First, we had to come here because it was part of the Vienna Royal Orchestra Dinner Concert. It's really far away from the Imperial Hall where the orchestra was. And the food came so slow that we were late for the concert! I was so angry! I wish I could've gotten a refund! The food was mediocre. I think the best part was their dessert (I think it was a cake) which we waited so long for. There were few people who ate in the restaurant & that's not always a bad sign. Perhaps their regular menu is good but the dinner concert menu was terrible.

Visited August 2011
Munich, Germany
“Do not go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hi,

I am on a business trip in Vienna and went to "Porterhouse" to have a steak. I ordered a 300 gr. Rib-Eye medium with some rice and vegetables. I took about 20 min and the waiter arrived with a stone cold rare steak and side dishes from the freezer. I could not even ask for a replacement as it took him another 15 minutes to show up again. And here is the best: They charged me the full amount: 40 EUR! The "chef" (whatever that means at Porterhouse) sent his excuses though. A couple at the table next to me recommended that I should walk to the kitchen to ask at least my money back. Sorry, I just don't do that. What I can do, though, is let everyone else know what a miserable customer experience I've had.

• Visited June 2011