“Excellent Hidden Gem”

Ranked #26 of 4,713 Restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed July 17, 2017

It took a little navigating to find Kolar, but it was well worth wandering through the Altstadt. The restaurant is essentially down an alley and a local spot. My wife would go here when she was an exchange student. The interior has a cool casual atmosphere and there is nice outdoor "street" seating. The main food is basically various pizza/pizza sandwiches on pita bread. The food is great and if you are looking for an off the main path reasonably priced spot, this is for you.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

I spent many years in Vienna studying and though I don't live here anymore, whenever I happen to be in the city, Kolar is among the places I must visit :)

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Right in the middle of town, near to Stefansplatz, you will need to navigate your way through a couple of alleyways to find Kolar.

It doesn't look like much from the outside but on entry you will immediately notice the smell of a wood burning fire which adds to the warm ambiance of the place.

They brew their own beer which i would recommended and the flag bread is simple but extremely tasty.

Can't fault this place. Will be back!

Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

This was my second of three places visited this night. I was hungry and cold and it was past dinner time.

After a little navigation and finding the correct street the size of a pathway off the main road which is also small and rounded a small dark corner. Walla, Kolar and adjacent Kem's kitchen.

I dropped in and it was nice size crowd for Wednesday night mostly locals. I sat right on the entrance next to the brick oven and the guy making what looked like pita bread halved and stuffed. I was given a menu promptly in English and ordered and tall dark beer.

I placed my order for a Hawaiian and it came out 10 minutes later and it was delicious and beer too. The place is big with restaurant seating father im back and patio seating outside. It met my expectations for pizza type and beer
With a casual place to chat meet up or just dine and dash.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed March 11, 2017

I have been several times at the Kolar and I always got the same high level service:
The staff is just super friendly, there is a great selection of beers and the food is also delicious.
However if you go there at the evening you should rather reserve before as it tends to be fully booked (especially on weekends).
But if you are as tourist in Vienna and you'd want to eat something special and drink a good beer after you've visited the Stephansdom, it's just a great choice.