“Good, cheap, lots”

Gasthaus Kopp
Ranked #32 of 4,198 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our long time family owned typical Viennese "Gasthaus" is part of the culinary identity of the city. Beside local food and beverage also folksiness plays a big role. Please be aware that it is typical for Gasthaus Kopp to be seated on large tables with other guests. We serve warm food and our menue of the day from morning till night. Please take note that we can take reservations only by phone.
Nijmegen
“Good, cheap, lots”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

After reading the comments I (28yrs) had to take my girlfriend (29yrs) to Kopp. We understood why it get's such good reviews! Quickly helped, good and warm food and I wonder who can beat a 3 courses. I'm a big eater, but couldn't fit a desert after having a 'small' gulash (incl 3 breads, 4euro) and Kopsteiner snitzel(8.60euro) and a coke. My girlfriend had the Kopp snitzel (watch out, you get 2! No wonder it said 'die zwei' but for 6.30 euro you would not be expecting that with a potatoe salad.) The servant seemed very relaxed but also keen, gave us something to put the salad leftover in and foil for the snitzel that my girl couldn't finish.
Put 2 bottles of water with it and you'll have to pay 30,90... No money for such food.

3 Thank luuk83

• Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice gasthause”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Quite alright place but not among the bests I have visited in Vienna. Schnitzels were a bit dry but 'potatoe salad' was good. Lot of locals eating here, and relaxed athmosphere. As it was hot August night we ate outside, so dog walkers and other by passers are almost eating from you plate ;)

2 Thank Jari S
Villafranca Piemonte, Italy
“if you love meat, this is the place”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went there twice with my friends during our (too short) stay in Vienna. Why? The meat was absolutly 'fantastisch'. I don't remember the name of a particularly excellent dish I ordered (the menus are fully in German so be prepared) but I'm sure there was a knodel in it so, if you happen to find it, give it a try because it was delicious, both my friend and I loved it.
morover, the people there were really nice to us even if we didn't speak German: a girl in our group was vegan and managed to explain that to the waiter, who was very helpful and pointed some dishes meat- and cheese-free on the menu (and I assure you, more than once she had problems ordering even at home).

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank caffarella
Vancouver, Canada
“Great friendly place with great food and great value”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I went there alone, sat with a bunch of local people at the communal table and had a great meal. The portions are huge and the price is low. The staff there are very friendly and made me comfortable. Recommend it 100%.

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank shookl
Vienna, Austria
“We were not disappointed”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The "Kopp" was recommended to us by friends living in this area. We had lunch there on a Friday and without reservation it would have been impossible to get a table. Although the place was absolutely packed we did not have to wait long for our drinks and food.
There was such a big choice of dishes that we simply chose the "Tagesmenue" which consisted of vegetable soup, fried fish and potatoes and salad. Everything tasted very nice and the price was really low.
I will certainly go there again and have already recommended the "Kopp" to various friends because you get a big variety of typical Viennese food there in big portions at a good value.
Of course the place itself is simple - it is a real "Wirtshaus" like in the olden days and the guests are of all kinds of social origin but this is also part of the pleasure.

• Visited February 2012