“Great hotel”

Ranked #26 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Bucharest, Romania
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Great hotel in a very good location. The only thing I would improve would be the lobby - it looks more like a 3 star hotel lobby - very small and honestly not very clean. However, my impression changed quickly after I entered the room - very large, big flat screen TV, Nesspresso coffee machine, nice bathroom. The break fast was very nice as well (even if quite pricey).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear 'acostin76', great review, much appreciated! So sorry that you did not like our lobby, I must say you are the 1st guest that does not like it and wrote about it. You must know that due to the size of the hotel our lobby could not get larger but I must admit that it should be clean.....thank you for your great comments on our rooms! Looking forward welcoming you again@The Ring in the near future. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed April 6, 2010

A superb experience in this extremely well located luxury design hotel- I really enjoyed appreciated the modern touches of this five-star hotel; it was so good to get a quick and sincere welcome and check in from staff who took their time to explain everything I needed to know. My deluxe room was more than spacious, it had a Nespresso machine, a huge comfy bed and decent flat screen TV . Room service was excellent – good choice and the food arrived quickly. The restaurant is smart and the dishes looked creatively prepared and of a very high standard. A big plus for me, travelling on business was the free high speed internet access; all in all, this hotel has it right as a modern luxury hotel and though I only stayed one night, I will certainly use the hotel on my next trip to Vienna.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear 'Pedrogranada', thank you so much for your nice review, as we are ranked 'No. 1 business hotel in Vienna' it is not only because of our perfect location but also due to the fact that we offer free internet access, something business guests always appreciate. I am very much looking forward welcoming you again@The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel in the near future. Best regards!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Have stayed at quite a few luxury hotels and I must say, whoever coined the phrase "casual luxury" to describe this hotel is at point! That phrase never made sense to me in all the publicity posted int he website, until I experienced casual luxury! Service is exemplary and as I told my friend, the difference is that the people working there really look happy to be of service to you. The room was extremely comfortable ... love the bed and the separate toilet and shower area. The nespresso was a bonus! The turndown service was a nice touch.

The location was fantastic .. just a minute from Karlsplatz and within walking distance to all the great places in Vienna ... even if it were a litle bit far off, I would still stay here because of the sheer comfort of staying here

I must mention a few of the staff who have made our stay enjoyable... top of the list are Nicole and Sonia from at eight, who served us breakfast... then Helena from the front desk. The bellboys and the seemingly invisible housekeeping team who magically fix your room everytime, just leaving a hint of their presence with chocolate mints and donuts :-)

I trust reviews from tripadvisor and it has never ever failed me. So, to anyone who is reading on... the comments here are all true !!!! dont think twice, if you want comfort, convenience, great service and more, stay at this hotel!

Many thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Dear 'Melody1715', it took me a while to rate your review, but I must admit, although I appreciate all reviews, that your review is the best I have read since we opened the hotel in 2007. You definitely defined the words and our phrase 'casual luxury' correctly, that is what The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel is all about. I am also very delighted to read that our staff did the utmost to make your stay to an unforgettable one! Many many thanks!
Looking forward welcoming you again@The Ring in the near future! Best regards
London, UK
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Stayed at The Ring for a night whilst in Vienna. Relaxing, cosy, it's a lovely luxury hotel and the staff, particuarly the receptionists, were very friendly. I enjoyed a great nights sleep too - the beds are amazing! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Dear 'GHILLIEUK', thanks for your wonderful review, you are one of the many guests that stay with us & do comment our beds.....looking forward welcoming you again, warmest regards
Prague
Reviewed March 9, 2010

The location of this hotel is perfect, rooms very modern and tidy, helpful staff, you can park your car in the garage (actually they do it for you), the restaurant for dinner very good, huge wine selection (the austrian wines are very tasty). I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2010
Dear 'BosorkaPetra', thank you so much for your kind words on our hotel, the location and its services, it is much appreciated! I am looking forward welcoming you again as a guest@The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel in the near future! best regards
South of England
Reviewed March 7, 2010

As it is obvious that the hotel reads these reviews I would like to pass on my congratulations to them for being voted the number 1 hotel in Vienna and it is well deserved.

I booked this hotel purely on the reviews on tripadvisor and I am so glad I did, everything about the hotel is quality, from the greeting from the reception staff to the wonderful rooms.

Casual Luxury is the perfect description for this hotel, it doesn't have the grand entrances of some of its neighbours, in fact you could quite easily walk past without even noticing the hotel entrance tucked in between the restaurant and the bar but once inside it has everything and more that any other luxury hotel has to offer.
The Sheraton Hotels claim to have the most comfortable beds but I think they are wrong, The beds in "The Ring" are without doubt the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on, the combination of a king size bed, single quilts and super soft pillows gave myself and my wife a wonderful nights sleep on every night of our stay.
I loved the design of the the bedrooms, such a refreshing change from the normal "L" shaped room with a bathroom attached and the effort made by the staff to make our anniversary and my wife's birthday that little bit more special was unbelievable.

On a less positive note the bar "Drings" is small and very smoky on our one visit we had to leave after one drink because our eyes were burning and our clothes locked away in our suitcases because they stank of cigarette smoke, if you are a smoker then I guess this wont be a problem for you and the Hotel's restaurant "At Eight" was a little to "Casual" for my liking with the bench seating it reminded me of a McDonalds with tablecloths but as the menu had no Vegetarian choice for my wife we ate in one of the many other fine restaurants in the city. However you are under no pressure or obligation to use either "Drings" or "At Eight" and as there are other places to review bars and restaurants on tripadvisor then it would be wrong of me to mark down my score for the Hotel. We never go to the same hotel twice but I can't imagine staying anywhere else on our next visit to Vienna. The Hotel is pure quality

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
Dear 'Paul003', this is definitely one of the best reviews on our hotel we received since listing our hotel at Tripadvisor, many thanks for that! Many thanks for describing the entrance, we did improve the entrance by putting the hotel name + lighting on our entrance roof made of glass but I do admit that this is still not enough. Our outside terrace which will come by the end of this month will definitely change a lot. Also, you are not the first one complementing us on our beds, they are definitely the best in town. I also would like to thank you for your constructive comments on our bar & restaurant, at the bar smoking is indeed allowed and always a problem for guests that do not smoke, for the restaurant we will make some changes as to the interior design which will make it real 'casual luxury'. Please do visit & stay with us in the next future, I would be very delighted to welcome you personally and also thank you for your review. Warmest regards from Vienna!
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 21, 2010

stayed on business trip with colleagues; lovely rooms & comfy bed. food very good in restaurant; excellent service. only complaint is breakfast charge is quite pricey!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Dear 'druma69', great review, thank you so much. Good to read that the beds were comfortable, a lot of our guests comment our beds very positive. Breakfast might have been too pricely as you might have ordered a la carte, we also have 2 types of breakfast which have averages prices compared to other luxury hotels in Vienna. I sincerely hope to welcome you again at The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel in the near future, best regards!