“great experience but staff not totally adequate”
Review of Steirereck

Steirereck
Ranked #23 of 4,450 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: One of the most famous gourmet restaurants of the city can be found in one of the most beautiful parts of Vienna, in the middle of the Stadtpark and on the banks of the river: the Steiereck and its sister establishment, the Meierei next door.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had dinner for the second time in my life in this gourmet restaurant in Vienna and I can confirm the very high quality of all we had been served. from starters to dessert. wine choice was also great and truly enjoiable. my only little remark is about the staff. not always listening to...sometimes even on the edge of being unpolite.
anyway it deserves its name

1  Thank splokysploky
Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We generally enjoy good food and we have been to several good restaurants around the world. Well Steirereck is the best restaurant we' ve ever been to !
The food, the presentation, the service, everything was excellent !
Thank you Steirereck team !

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My brother and I went here for lunch. We just expected a nice meal with excellent service, but what we experienced was a memorable dining experience. The restaurant is located in the Stadtpark, so it is surrounded in a green area with nice views of trees and greenery. The lunch was unbelievable. We ordered the five course prix fixe luncheon. The most interesting course I had was the char cooked in beeswax. All I can say is order this dish just for the table side experience of it cooking at your table in molten beeswax. It was a delicious dish. All in all our lunch at Steirereck was the most memorable experience we had in an extremely memorable city. I highly recommend lunch at this restaurant. Caution: it is expensive but worth every euro.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended to visit this restaurant for dinner..
Once we arrived to this restaurant and entered the door , the first thing you'll get is a disgusted look by the hostess.. But anyways we entered for dinner and sat , the waiter that served us was like a jail keeper , no smile on her face and she was giving orders rather than being friendly ... Anyways , the experience we had at the restaurant was different than usual , the food display and service was simply a piece of art.. We had the 7 course meal a la carte, but honestly neither I nor my husband knew what was in our plates , it was simply an art piece in a plate but u don't really feel the texture of the food , most of it was purée ... The interesting part with the 4 hour long dinner was when we got the last order for dessert , whereby one waiter was pulling a trolley with jewelleris on it, that jewelry was simply hand crafted desserts which was interesting

1  Thank Sharara1982
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We checked into our hotel and decided to walk to the Belvedere along the river and found the Steirereck. My companion had eaten in their upper tier restaurant last year with her husband on their 25the wedding anniversary It is quite exclusive, but the lower deck was just right for us for some soup and a cheese platter. I was sitting with my back to the waiting staff and was a bit concerned when a bowl landed in front of me bearing 4 pumpkin seeds coated in drizzled pumpkin oil. I was even more dubious when pumpkin pulp was spooned over this and was wondering if this was some new age cuisine and was just about to regret my choice when a waitress appeared with a jug of frothing soup which she delicately poured into the bowls. I was truly thankful - it was delicious! The cheese platter came with each cheese labeled and basket of assorted breads. Our waitress explained the cheeses which were all delicious. I cannot remember if we had coffee or we saved ourselves for hot chocolate at the Sacher cafe.